Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty.
Do you have excellent prioritization skills and a proven capacity to undertake varied tasks simultaneously to deadlines?
Do you have proven ability to work accurately with attention to detail and to produce clear written communications, including emails, reports and minutes?
Do you have excellent interpersonal and written communication skills?
If the answer is yes, then would like to hear from you.
- In this demanding role, you’ll provide wide-ranging high-level Personal Assistant support to the head of private sector team.
- As an experienced P.A, you will be able to run busy dairy and inbox, arrange travel and provide concise briefings. You will be liaising with managers to ensure actions are being followed up.
- You will solve problems of a varied nature and resolve day-to-day problems without upward referral. You will also provide support on private sector team meetings, including taking minutes, formatting reports and creating other communication materials.
What we are looking for
- We’re looking for an experienced PA who has worked at director level.
- You’ll be highly flexible with outstanding organisational skills, a keen eye for detail and the ability to juggle the demands of the team head effectively. A sharp mind, great relationship development skills and a cool head under pressure will all stand you in good stead.
This role will give you an opportunity to work with a group of passionate people that are specialists in their fields with fair pay and competitive benefits package
Our values and commitment to safeguarding
- Oxfam is committed to preventing any type of unwanted behaviour at work including sexual harassment, exploitation and abuse, lack of integrity and financial misconduct; and committed to promoting the welfare of children, young people, adults and beneficiaries with whom Oxfam GB engages. Oxfam expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment through our code of conduct. We place a high priority on ensuring that only those who share and demonstrate our values are recruited to work for us.
- The post holder will undertake the appropriate level of training and is responsible for ensuring that they understand and work within the safeguarding policies of the organisation. All offers of employment will be subject to satisfactory references and appropriate screening checks, which can include criminal records and terrorism finance checks.
- We are committed to ensuring diversity and gender equality within our organisation and encourage applicants from diverse backgrounds to apply.
How to apply
As part of your online application, please upload your up to date CV and a covering letter explaining your suitability against the essential criteria in the job profile.
Oxfam is a global movement of people working together to end the injustice of poverty. That means we tackle the inequality that keeps people poor. Together we save, protect and rebuild lives. When disaster strikes, we help people build better lives for themselves, and for others. We take on issues like land rights, climate change and discrimination against women. And we won’t stop until every person on the planet can enjoy life free from poverty.
Oxfam GB is a member of international confederation of 19 organisations working together with partners and local communities in the areas of humanitarian, development and campaigning, in more than 90 countries.