To assist the HR Director and the wider Human Resources team with administration support in providing a comprehensive, collaborative support service that enables the team to meet their objectives and ensures an efficient running of the department.
To ensure the efficient and appropriate operational management of the department including but not limited to: diary management, budget management and forecasting, travel arrangements (flights, accommodation, etc) and expenses processing, organisation and support of regular meetings, finance and invoice processing, facilitating interdepartmental collaboration and specific tasks relevant to the team.
To lead and ensure timely and accurate periodic finance reports including budget forecasting with budget holders for the financial year.
To lead the overall efficient coordination of work by, and communications of the staff in the Human Resources team.
Reporting to HR Director and supporting the Human Resources team. This post has no line management responsibility.
- Diary management, and administrative support to the HR Director
- Supporting the Human Resources team with international and national travel arrangements
- Plan, minute, and manage departmental meetings and meetings with the Board member and Union members
- Handle confidential information and conflicting priorities with sensitivity and a high level of judgement
- Manage financial processes and analysis, ensuring efficient financial management and administration of the team
- Manage financial budgeting and reporting. Monitoring the departments spend.
- Support on procurement of consultants, suppliers, and freelancers; and on all departmental purchasing including capital expenditure
- Support the planning and formulation of projects.
- Provide an advisory role on systems and processes such as Finance, Travel, Facilities and Human Resources for the Programme
- Processing purchase orders and expense claims for the team
- The Human Resources team runs smoothly and efficiently
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Experience providing support to a HR Director
- Experience working in a Human Resources team and supporting the team
- Experience of administering and coordinating a large and diverse department at a senior level
- Ability to manage own work plan and to make recommendations to the HR Director on administrative improvements
- Experience of preparing and monitoring budgets (including project budgets), and an ability to identify budget problems and solve them
- Highly organized and efficient with the ability to work on own initiative
- Knowledge and practice of budget maintenance systems, financial resources management and record keeping
- Ability to communicate clearly, concisely and diplomatically in English – verbally and in writing, face to face and over the telephone
- Courteous and customer focused – experience of service provision
- Experienced in and capable of handling confidential information relating to e.g. organizational issues, staffing/personnel
- Proven ability to manage conflicting priorities, under pressure and deal with several activities and demands at the same time. Proven ability to meet deadlines and work with changes at short notice
- Must have right to work in the UK