Through a federation of 72 countries in Africa, Asia, Europe and the Americas, Plan International strives for a just world that advances children's rights and equality for girls. Together, we are taking action so that 100 million girls can learn, lead, decide and thrive. To achieve this, n ou put the priority on the integration of gender equality so that our programs are gender sensitive and promote the rights and equality of girls and women.
Plan International has implemented grants from the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria, since Round 4. In this role, Plan has worked on the FM in Benin, Burkina Faso, Liberia, Cameroon, Guinea, Mali, Niger, Senegal, El Salvador, Thailand, Togo and Zimbabwe.
The Republic of Guinea has received a grant for the fight against malaria funded by the Global Fund to Fight AIDS, Tuberculosis and Malaria for a period of three years (January 01, 2018 to December 31, 2020 under the Principal Recipient (PR ), Catholic Relief Services (CRS). The National Malaria Control Program (PNLP) provides the component "Provision of care services" and Plan International Guinea has been selected as Sub-Recipients to implement the community demand component, " Strengthen control of the fight against malaria in Guinea. ”
Aligned with the Global Fund (GF), the Government of Guinea and Plan International Guinea, the project will integrate gender and human rights-based approaches to implement actions to reduce barriers based on gender inequalities and exclusion. These are determinants that contribute to poor results in the fight against malaria so if they are not addressed, the results will not be optimal.
To carry out this project, Plan International Guinea will recruit a Project Accountant to ensure the efficient processing of the Project's accounting and administrative operations in close collaboration with the Finance Department.
- Organizational planning process;
- Accounting and treasury;
- Financial information and analysis;
- Grant information systems;
- This position has no approval level;
- This item has no delegation of authority for expenditure.
Establishment of checks and monitoring of bank transfers from the CO
- Assist in reviewing monthly and quarterly partners' accounts;
- Support the project management team in the preparation of budgets and work plans;
- Analyze financial reports and requests for funds to ensure that expenses incurred have followed Global Fund standards and are properly codified by heading in accordance with the framework retained;
- Discuss with the management team all aspects of accounting and financial management, budget control and other financial matters as well as any problems with a view to quickly finding solutions;
- Collaborate with the Project Finance Manager and the logistician to ensure that orders, disbursements, technical reports are made within the required deadlines;
- Provide the partners in collaboration with the Project Finance Manager with the required training in accounting and finance;
- Follow up closely with the financial controllers of the PUs to avoid any delay / interruption in the implementation of the project;
- Examine the Accounting and Financial documents of the NGO partners in order to ensure the accuracy and the accomplishment of the work, as well as in the exercise of the role of certification of certain transactions;
- Prepare the first versions of financial reports;
- Ensure that the justified and approved advances are liquidated in SAP;
- On the basis of complete and arithmetically correct supporting documents, establish checks or payments according to the rules and procedures in force at Plan Guinea.
Transmission and monitoring of the distribution of checks and transfers
- Send checks and transfer documents on time to the people concerned (receptionist, errand boy, etc.) and ensure that the parts are returned on time.
Monitoring of advances at the CO level
- Monitor the liquidation of advances by providing a weekly report to the National Accountant with a copy to the CFM in order to minimize delays in liquidating advances.
Cancellation and classification of CO accounting documents
- Ensure the cancellation and traceability of accounting documents related to Plan International Guinea transactions.
Participate in the preparation of audits
- Ensure the traceability of accounting documents during audits.
- Ensure all rankings are redone after audits.
- Participate in the preparation of the budget and the closing work of the end of the fiscal year.
- Perform any other task that may be entrusted to him by the hierarchical superior within the framework of his competences.
Child protection and gender equality mainstreaming
- Ensure that Plan International's global policies relating to child protection and gender equality are fully integrated in accordance with the principles and requirements of the policies, including standards and guidelines applicable to their area of responsibility . This includes, but is not limited to, ensuring that project staff and partners know and understand their responsibilities under these policies and adhere to Plan International's code of conduct.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND BEHAVIORS REQUIRED
- Hold a university degree at least equivalent to that of a higher technician in accounting (BAC + 2), financial management or similar fields;
- Perfect mastery of budget and account management;
- Have at least (3) three years of confirmed experience in a similar position within a company or NGO similar to Plan International Guinea;
- Experience and knowledge of accounting and management of grant funds, regulations and procedures;
- Good knowledge of the world of NGOs;
- To be of very good character
- Have a great capacity for analysis and synthesis
- Perfect command of the computer tool (MS Office)
- Great writing skills
- Fluency in English is an asset