Paramedic (Multiple positions)
Danish Refugee Council, Severodonetsk, Ukraine
Closing Date for Applications:
Your main duties and responsibilities will be:
- Accompanies mobile teams wherever they may be deployed within Ukraine.
- Provides immediate on-site casualty stabilization in the event of an accident/incident and accompanies casualty to the designated medical facility.
- Conducts assessments of local medical facilities prior to the deployment of demining teams in order to establish casualty evacuation plans.
- Maintains up-to-date contact information and location details of all suitable medical facilities within DDG’s area of operation.
- Responsible for the maintenance and contents of major trauma kits according to DDG standard operating procedures.
- Conducting regular basic life support training for colleagues based on a standardized syllabus developed by DRC/DDG.
- Supports with formal training for third party organizations in conjunction with the DDG Global Medic.
- Supports colleagues with routine tasks associated to deployment in a mobile team.
Essential Experience / Qualifications:
- Paramedic qualification
- Good computer literacy (Outlook, Word, Excel)
Highly desirable but not necessary:
- Written and spoken English language
- Experience in an ambulance crew or as a military combat medic
- Prior experience delivering paramedic training
- Excellent discipline and ability to follow instructions
- Flexible; willing to work away from home for extended periods in a mobile capacity
- Team spirit; willing to assist the team with tasks outside the immediate scope of their role
- Adaptable; willing to live in basic accommodation
- Willing to work in close support to demining teams
- Works well under pressure and keeps to deadlines
- Works strictly according to the reporting structure