PARLIAMENTARY DEVELOPMENT OFFICER
United Nations Development Programme(UNDP), Brussels, Belgium
Closing Date for Applications:
Summary of Key Functions:
- Draft policy briefs and Areas of Expertise on parliamentary engagement with natural resources;
- Developing learning materials for parliamentarians, parliamentary staff, civil society and development actors with a view to strengthening parliamentary action. This includes the development of (video) tutorials and online learning modules;
- Content creation and knowledge management on sustainable energy, in particular renewable energy development;
- Manage the build of a ‘Portuguese corner’ on the AGORA platform, making available key resources and learning materials for lusophone MPs and parliamentary staff;
- Support the development of a comprehensive e-learning course for MPs and parliamentary staff on budgeting and financial oversight. This includes drafting the storyboard, working with the developer and designer, and incorporating feedback from senior experts and country offices for delivery of the final product.
Manage the AGORA ‘Pacific Portal’:
- Meet the knowledge management needs of the three selected parliaments: Tuvalua, Kiribati and Marshall Islands;
- Responsible for content creation pertaining to parliamentary affairs and issues in the wider Pacific region;
- Support the UNDP MCO in Fiji in outreach and communication.
- Develop 3 issue briefs on emerging trends and key issues in parliamentary development;
- Maintain close relationships with the AGORA partners and Implementing Board and draft quarterly project updates;
- Support the Knowledge Manager in providing technical backstopping and substantive support to UNDP to country offices and AGORA partners;
- Oversee the daily maintenance and running of the AGORA Portal;
- Present AGORA at relevant events when required.
- Development of 3 Areas of Expertise and further knowledge materials as required on natural resources, including climate change, sustainable energy and extractive industries;
- Development of an E-learning course for MPs and parliamentary staff on financial oversight;
- Development of a 'Portuguese corner';
- Publication of 3 briefs on emerging issues in parliamentary development;
- Content creation and knowledge management support for the AGORA Portal for Parliamentary Development.
- Advanced University Degree (Masters) in Political Sciences, Law, International Relations or related field.
- At least 5 years of experience in an international context, and on parliamentary development issues;
- Experience within UNDP or with a partner organization of AGORA is desirable;
- Proven experience working on natural resources, including climate change, sustainable energy and extractive industries;
- Computer proficiency, including strong knowledge of MS Office products (Word, Excel, Powerpoint), and web-based management systems (Drupal, Joomla).
- Fluency in English;
- Proficiency in French desirable;
- Other UN languages are considered an asset.