Partnership Consultant (European Investment Bank Focal Point)
United Nations Development Programme(UNDP), Brussels (travel required), Belgium
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Responsibilities
- Perform in-depth analysis, including desk research and interviews with key contacts, of the existing agreements and joint initiatives between UNDP and EIB. Approx. 3 case studies from Europe and CIS and another region (e.g. Africa) will be identified by UNDP upon the start of the assignment;
- Identify key EIB-UNDP bottlenecks, processes, and opportunities;
- Prepare practical guidelines (operational and programming manual) for UNDP on how to work with EIB;
- Manage day-to-day relationship with EIB through liaising with EIB offices in Brussels and in Luxembourg;
- Liaise with the UNDP Brussels office, Bureau of External Relations and Advocacy HQ and relevant Regional Bureaus in order to ensure the necessary linkages within UNDP and with EIB. This will also include monitoring of developments in UNDP’s partnership with the European Commission;
- Assist Country Offices in developing 3-4 proposals for UNDP in the Europe and CIS region and, based on demand, one proposal from another region where UNDP operates to be implemented in collaboration with EIB.
- Master’s degree in Finance, Economic, Business Administration, International Relations, and other fields related to the scope of the assignment.
- At least 6 years of working experience in programming, project management, technical assistance, or policy advice in international financial institutions or United Nations (preferably in EIB or UNDP);
- Proven track record of developing partnerships with international financial institutions or partnerships with the private sector on international development issues;
- Proven relevant experience in developing partnerships in Europe and the CIS countries as covered by UNDP Istanbul Regional Hub.
- Excellent written and spoken English;
- Knowledge of French or one of the region’s languages is an advantage.