Partnerships and Policy Manager
Closing Date for Applications:
The Partnerships & Policy Manager plays an essential role in Educo - Philippines, in leading donor partnership relationships and helping ensure funding sustainability. S/he will be responsible for the development and execution of the resource mobilization strategy and advocacy efforts in the areas of: Education for All, End Violence Against Children, the Convention of the Rights of the Child, and the Sustainable Development Goals.
The Partnerships & Policy Manager understands how the organization is positioned, analyzes opportunities for growth and monitor risks that can affect funding sustainability. S/he is a member of the Senior Management Team (SMT) and makes decisions that lead to changes in organizational direction.
The Partnerships & Policy Manager will work closely with Educo’s Global Program teams, Regional Technical team, Country Office team and other ChildFund Alliance members. Partnerships & Policy Manager reports to the Country Director (CD) and leads the Strategic Partnerships & Advocacy (SP&A) Unit.
- Partnership and Opportunity Management: Guarantees that all new donor partnerships and funding opportunities are in line with Educo’s identity and priorities; disseminate partnership criteria and methods of partnership development; ensure use of tools and processes compliant with institutional requirements; ensure best practices are adapted, such as due diligence and SWOT analysis during partnership development, and monitor and evaluate sub-grantee/partners performance;
- Resource Mobilization: Guides strategic resource mobilization plan and leads activities for funding sustainability; supervises the project design and proposal development phases in coordination with the Program, Finance and MEL Unit;
- Grant Management: Leads the award management and supports donor, sub-grantee and implementation teams
- Policy and Advocacy: Guide Educo’s strategic advocacy efforts in the country and galvanize support to affect policies and legislative and executive priorities;
- Team Management: Provides support and guidance to the SP&A Unit and encourages positive work environment and collaboration;
- Organizational Policy Implementation: Demonstrates ethical approaches to improve practice with partners and sub-grantees; and to support the implementation team in understanding Educo’s and donors’ Child Safeguarding, Environment, Gender, Anti-fraud and-Corruption, Feedback and Accountability requirements and other safeguarding procedures.
- Bachelor’s Degree in International Relations, Political Science or Law is desirable. Graduates of other courses may be considered if s/he has the experience and competency requirements of the role. Master’s or Law Degree is an advantage;
- Minimum experience of 5 years in donor mapping, donor engagement, proposal development and award management
- Experience with client-facing or external-oriented positions
- Experience working with INGOs, preferably with child-rights organizations
- Experience managing a team preference for a business development or fundraising team
- Experience developing proposals in Education, Child-Protection, Governance and DRR
- Experience in developing staff capacity
- Willing to work in Quezon City, Metro Manila
- Experience with fundraising and partnerships with corporate and/or individual donors;
- Experience of using international human rights law for human rights advocacy;
- Experience of working in an international context, at least in Asia with strong portfolio in the Philippines.