Partnerships & Communication Intern
United Nations Office for Project Services, Khartoum, Sudan
Closing Date for Applications:
The Partnerships and Communication intern will work in the Sudan office based in Khartoum & will report to the Hub Partnerships Specialist. He / She will support the Partnerships Unit by conducting research on donors and market trends and implementing the Communication Plan in order to increase the visibility of UNOPS in the sub-region by communicating on our results and activities.
The incumbent will be responsible for the following specific tasks:
- Support the updating of ETMCO communication strategy and plan, as well as relevant engagement with the Hub offices
- Draft high-quality copy for external news stories, newsletter, factsheets and web content.
- Contribute to the development and drafting of concept notes, proposals, presentations, etc.
- Ensure data and visualization quality in internal and external communications such as Intranet, Presentations, monthly newsletters, and brochures.
- Assist with developing outreach and other events in coordination with the HQ Communication Group and ETMCO units.
- Develop/update list of media outlets in Sudan
- Ensure that organizational systems are updated and populated frequently
- When needed, provide regular reports on business acquisition pipeline to the Partnerships Advisor and the Senior Management Team
- Liaise with the Communications and Partnerships Group in Head Quarters as well as project communication focal points colleagues on communication matters as necessary
- Conduct analysis and mapping of donor priorities, areas of focus and geographical priorities as well as national country strategies
- Prepare business/market analysis reports for major donors and countries in the region to support the development of new engagements opportunities
- Research events, publications and announcements, to track and screen opportunities for possible UNOPS interventions and identify trends that will drive partnership opportunities
Partnerships and Project development
- Support the Hub’s efforts in liaising with potential donors, funding partners, agencies and institutions
- Participate in meetings with potential partners and ensure their systematic and timely follow-up
- Perform other related duties as required.
- To be eligible the applicants must have graduated within the last three years with a university degree such as a Bachelors, Masters or a PhD in Political Science, International Relations, Development Studies, Project Management, Communications, Business Administration, Marketing or other relevant areas
- Strong computer literacy would be an advantage: Word, Excel, and PowerPoint &/or Google suite applications.
- Fluency in Arabic and English (written and spoken) is required.
- No prior experience is required but the ability in researching, writing and editing content that is clear, concise and effectively conveys key messages to target audiences is advantageous, while also being detail focused with the ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environments.
- Proficiency in MS Office Suite: Excel, PowerPoint, MS Project. Experience with SharePoint would be an advantage
- Experience in the usage of software packages for publication such as Adobe Creative Suite – especially InDesign, Photoshop or other relevant products commonly used – is an asset but is not required