Under the general supervision and leadership of the Fundraising Chief, the Partnerships Officer is responsible to guide the planning and implementation of the Corporate fundraising strategy with the objective to maximize corporate income and brand visibility for UNICEF;
oversees the corporate targets are met, leads new business development, including initiatives through which obtain more pledge donors, and to mobilize the Private Sector Companies in areas and initiatives that promote CSR and children rights.
How can you make a difference?
Effective definition of the corporate strategies and implementation plans and budgets that meet or exceed net income targets.
- Supervise the preparation of the Corporate fundraising annual workplan and budget and supports the FR Chief in the development and implementation of the strategies and implementation plans. Establish corporate fundraising KPI’s.
- Under the supervision of the Fundraising Chief, coordinates the preparation of the engagement plan, including the design of the pipeline prospect.
- Monitoring corporate fundraising income and expenditure against the approved budget and workplan.
- Find and develop through innovative approaches new ways to alliances with private companies.
- Effective development and management of implementation plans, ensuring the fulfilment of the Chile CO's corporate fundraising objectives and KPIs.
- Ensures the timely implementation of the workplan, as well as reports, KPIs and documents are prepared and timely updated.
- Monitors and regularly reports on progress against income and budget targets. Recommends action where required.
Effective supervision of the corporate team, focused on delivering fundraising results according to the work plan.
- Promotes a “continuous improvement” culture throughout the entire corporate fundraising area and with partners.
- Provides effective leadership, including guidance for the development of an annual work plan focusing on effective resource mobilization against the targets, and timely annual performance appraisals and mid-year reviews.
- Maintains a healthy, respectful work environment within the corporate area.
Effective monitoring process for assessment, sign-off and approval of existing and new corporate partnerships. Knowledge of corporate trends.
- Manages, under the supervision of the FR Chief, the process for the assessment, signoff and approval for all new corporate partnerships.
- • Monitoring and tracking all requests from companies or from UNICEF PFP, and elaboration of new corporate proposals. Analyses proposals from corporations and makes recommendations to the FR Chief.
- Monitor the preparation and follow up of corporate screenings.
- Identifies and monitors industry trends in corporate fundraising and regularly analyses UNICEF corporate experiences from other COs with the goal gain benchmarks for the local corporate operation.
- Develops and maintains close relations with corporate and media allies, as well as with groups and organizations whose support is essential to the achievement of the corporate area objectives.
- Conducts developing, negotiating and implementing local corporate agreements in line with UNICEF’s policy and guidelines. Provides technical support to deliver upon the local corporate fundraising goals.
- Proposes new corporate fundraising initiatives to existing and potential partners.
- Identify and prospect corporate partners to develop Corporate Pathways to Pledge initiatives, mapping banks, insurance, and utility companies for instance.
Corporate initiatives promote UNICEF institutional image and brand awareness and communicate UNICEF programmatic cooperation.
Effective cross-functional coordination and collaboration within PFP areas and other Chile CO’s areas with focus on corporate and Major Donors engagement (Programmes, Communications and CSR areas).
- Promotes and effective team work environment between the corporate team and in coordination with other PFP areas.
- Coordinate the implementations of corporate initiatives through which obtain more pledge donors (corporate databases, client’s databases, pledge donations trough new corporate channels).
- Coordinate the corporate sponsorship strategy for special events and projects.
- Coordinate the development of fundraising and partnerships related materials with the Communications team.
- Seize opportunities of collaboration between private and public sector actors, in coordination with program areas specialists.
- Ensures continual relationship management throughout the year with key stakeholders CO, LAC RSC, GENEVA, and other related UNICEF functions, as part of corporate strategies development and execution. Ensures the market needs are acknowledged and considered as part of the marketing and campaign deliverables.
This position will help the expansion of the Fundraising operation in the following ways:
- Implementation of Corporate fundraising strategy, Workplan and Budget, ensuring the fulfillment of the Chile CO's corporate fundraising objectives and KPIs.
- Effective supervision of the corporate alliances' team.
- An effective monitoring of the process for assessment, sign-off and approval of existing and new corporate partnerships. Knowledge of corporate trends.
- Effective cross-functional coordination and collaboration within PFP areas and other Chile CO’s areas with focus on corporate engagement (Programme, Communication and CSR Areas).
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- University degree in business administration, marketing, communications, advertising or any other additional training in a related field.
- A minimum of 2 years of progressively responsible relevant work experience in commercial, sales, marketing or fundraising areas.
- Fluency in Spanish and English is required.
- Developing country work experience and/or familiarity with emergency is considered an asset.