The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
Job holders are likely to be working closely with a more experienced professional staff member, receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed.
Reporting to the Head of Partnerships for the Rohingya Refugee Emergency Response, the incumbent will implement donor reporting requirements, and ensure flow of information with partners for operational planning and resource mobilization. The incumbent will operate in close cooperation with programme, reports and communication teams.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Contribute to new and ongoing resource mobilization efforts for the Cox’s Bazar L3 Emergency Response, by supporting and identifying, building, managing and maintaining effective partnerships with actual and potential donors. Meet with potential partners, solicit contributions and assess results to maximize resources raised for WFP, in line with internal policies and regulations.
- Ensure that standard reporting procedures and templates are followed to drive the quality, consistency and standardisation of information management and donor reporting for the Rohingya Refugee Response.
- Support in preparing for high-level donor missions, and missions of high-level WFP officials to Cox’s Bazar. This comprises showing donors WFP’s operational activities in the field, the preparation of schedules and briefing documents, liaison with administrative bookings etc.
- Work in collaboration with other government partnerships officers to ensure the flow of information and with other WFP units to align activities and ensure donor visibility.
- Assist in the dissemination of political and humanitarian analysis pertaining to WFP current or future responses and donor policies, trends, and preferences. Collaborate with counterparts internally and with other UN agencies to ensure consistency in information and to complement WFP analysis and information.
- Provide support to technical units, RBs and/or COs in order, to assist them, as required, to effectively mobilise donor resources.
- Other as required
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
Education: Advanced University degree in Political Science, International Development, Development Economics, Marketing Communications or other relevant field, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/courses.
- 5 years of progressive professional experience in the humanitarian sectors, with prior exposure to donor relations, and communication.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Knowledge of or ability to quickly assimilate, UN/WFP specific processes and systems.
Language: Full proficiency in English and Bangla.