Purpose of the position:
To provide effective P&C technical and administrative guidance and support on all HR Admin business processes, while providing necessary support to the P&C Manager on technical roles under employee champion and staff care, to ensure consistency in the application of HR best practices for the attainment of a harmonious organizational climate.
- Provide subject matter expertise and guidance to line management on a broad range of people and culture policies, programs and practices.
- Provide admin support in the implementation of P&C projects/programs, policies and procedures and make recommendations to P&C leadership to ensure continued effectiveness.
- Provide expertise and guidance, coaching and development around the recruitment and selection of staff and work with the hiring manager in the Country Program throughout the process as needed and required with a goal of ensuring consistency and fairness in the recruiting and selection process.
- Partner with client leadership to develop and implement an orientation and on-boarding plan for new staff and stay actively involved with the new hire until the completion of the probationary period review.
- Guide and partner with customers through the annual performance cycle, ensuring understanding of and adherence to WV protocols as well as resolving of compensation, benefits, HRIS and job evaluation issues.
- Administer staffing requirements and respond timely to inquiries around payroll, compensation, and benefits, with sufficient guidance from the P&C Manager.
- As P&C frontline, support the enhanced knowledge, understanding, and compliance of P&C policies and standards, as well as employment law and government regulations affecting People and Culture, through constant advice and orientation to staff in general.
- Support the development, and, updating/revision of People & Culture policies and procedures and provide guidance in interpreting and monitoring compliance thereof.
- Provide information, support and guidance to staff in response to their respective individual and group needs.
- Provide support, guidance, and counsel to staff on human resource business, policies, practices and initiatives and respond to inquiries regarding business, policies, procedures and programs.
- Assist in facilitating and guiding the investigation of employee relations matters, provide recommendations and ensure timely and effective resolution of workplace issues, including overall staff discipline, discrimination, harassment, and human rights issues.
- Work with the People & Culture Manager in implementing proactive employee relations programs and initiatives.
- Advice and partner with customers to implement programs to support and promote staff-care and well-being initiatives.
- Support P&C Manager/leadership in monitoring, escalating, and finding timely resolve of employee engagement (and turnover), staff-care, and well-being issues.
- Performance Management & Capacity Building
- Guide and support staff on the end-to-end performance management processes/cycle and standards.
- Identify staff competencies required, under the auspices of talent management, to support business plans and the levels of competency required for positions.
- Support talent audits and creation of development plans to address individual professional and career objectives.
- Support P&C leadership in ensuring that Performance Reviews and Agreements are done on time, schedule, and appropriately and in place (on file) for all staff.
- Compile a Performance Report of the organization based on performance reviews done for all staff.
- Provide appropriate support to employees and managers in addressing unsatisfactory performance and ensure that underperforming employees are identified and specific plans created with the full intention of returning them to acceptable performance.
- Support the P&C Manager in consolidating training plans for WVE each fiscal year, monitor and ensure implementation.
Total Rewards Processes
- Support the job evaluation processes for new and changed roles using an appropriate internal/external method/system
- Communicate clear and timely results of job evaluations
- Support the structured periodic Job Analysis for all positions.
- Provide support and guidance in the formulation of job descriptions
- Ensure that job descriptions/profiles have been graded and that every employee understands and knows their grade levels
- Work in collaboration with the P&C Manager and Finance counterpart on all payroll related matters for the Country Program, including accurate preparation, processing and maintenance of records of payroll for all employees
Manpower Planning and Transition
Support the coordination and engagement in the manpower and transition forecasts and planning (Workforce Planning) to establish appropriate staffing and talent acquisition schedules, parameters, norms and ensure that appropriate positive action is taken timely to manage impact of such changes at all levels of the organization.
Facilitate and support staff transition as a result of retirement, redundancy, or termination of contract.
- Ensure clean, accurate, up-to-date HRI, which in accordance with policy, at all times, both on the System and hard file.
- Ensure staff information is handled and kept safely in a manner that promotes security and privacy at all times.
- Ensure compliance with all WV Policy Standards and National Law in staff information management, security, and disposal.
- Support the design, facilitation and management of staff orientation programme.
- Negotiate and process employment contracts, and ensure all necessary information and documentation, including background checks, references, policies etc. are satisfactorily done and in place upon contracting.
- Accurately prepare, process and maintain records of payroll and statutory payments for all employees.
- Organize payroll related schedules.
- Work with P&C Manager to record and effect payroll changes.
- Respond, under guidance of P&C Manager, to employee requests for payroll related information.
- Fully utilize the VIP system in processing monthly payroll and all other incidental payroll activities, including generation of info-slips, for all staff.
- Ensure ongoing monitoring of the payroll system effectiveness (including engagement & consulting with the VIP contact person and IT) to ensure accuracy and propriety of payroll information in compliance with policy standards and National Law.
- Compile and follow-up on completion of LDRs, to ensure 100% compliance at all times.
- Support P&C Leadership and line management, in the maintenance of a positive and healthy Organizational culture in different facets including improved relational and behavioral aptitude to promote a conducive and safe work environment.
- Provide technical support and guidance in disciplinary and grievance matters.
- Support staff in ensuring healthy work/home balance, staff well-being, security and appropriate arrangement for stress management.
- Ensure all staff are aware of relevant policies and procedures and implications of not adhering to them.
- Promote a work environment that demonstrates fairness, openness and equity.
HR Systems and Technology
- Track the usage on the HR OurPeople system and reporting on same
- Update HR system data and capacitate staff on usage of same
- Ensure that OurPeople system is updated at all times
- Produce OurPeople monthly update report
Must be a committed Christian, able to stand above denominational diversities and observe mission and core values of World Vision and demonstrate a quality of spiritual life that is an example to others.
Education/Knowledge/Technical Skills and Experience
The following may be acquired through a combination of formal or self-education, prior experience or on-the-job training:
- Minimum Qualification required: University Degree in Human Resources Management or Industrial Psychology or any other related field.
- Experience: A minimum of 3-4 years in Human Resources Management in Generalist role
- Preferred: Experience in NGO added advantage & Post Graduate qualification
Technical Skills & Abilities:
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Excellent communication and negotiation skills
- Excellent Counselling Skills (Preferred: Trained Peer Counsellor)
- Excellent Mediation Skills
- Ability to multi-task (Preferred: Project Management skills)
- Expert knowledge of local labour legislature
- Ability to work under pressure
- Team player who is detail-oriented
- Ability to function in a cross cultural environment.