PURPOSE OF THE POSITION:
Working with the Manager for P&C Readiness, change and Communications, this role will provide readiness, change management, and communications support for People & Culture (P&C) initiatives and projects, ensuring that the needs of P&C internal clients and centres of expertise (COEs) are met and that client/COE communications are aligned with the overall P&C Priorities, Global Communications standards, and World Vision’s strategy. This role will provide change and communications planning and implementation, analysis, writing, editing, video production/editing, and branding advice as needed. Provide intranet (SharePoint) administration for People & Culture as guided by team. Support content planning and story gathering/development for various P&C communications channels.
- Develop and integrate communications plans with key messages, target audiences and tactics identified to support the P&C operations, priorities and projects carried out by P&C internal clients, COEs and other stakeholders.
- Engage with P&C internal clients, which may include both standing teams and project groups, to identify, develop and maintain a clear understanding of the clients’ purpose, objectives and critical success factors, as well as communication needs, platforms, and methods to support these teams and projects. Identify and resolve challenges as needed to improve communications with P&C audiences.
- Actively collaborate in the implementation of the communications plans, which includes producing communications pieces (written, printed, banners, teasers, website design and maintenance, research, etc.)
- Hands-on communications project support, including, but not limited to, managing, hosting and supporting of possible webinars, training sessions, fireside chats, video recording, etc.
- Integrate change management methodology and activities into communications and/or project plans that support the implementations and initiatives of People & Culture in coordination with internal clients, COEs and other stakeholders.
- Influence and maintain rapport with internal clients through continuous collaboration, responding to requests, arranging proactive meetings and resolving concerns related to change management.
- Identify potential people-side risks and anticipated points of resistance, and make recommendations to mitigate change-related risks/concerns, identify change agents and execute proposed plans, etc.
- Conduct change readiness assessments, evaluate results and present findings. Share the results with key stakeholders and offer counsel to develop and apply action plans.
Content Planning, Development and Analysis:
- Prepare, tailor and edit internal communications content for various audiences that reinforce P&C Priorities, P&C initiatives and operations, and World Vision’s strategy and brand, including written, print and digital material such as announcements, articles for Global and P&C communications channels, training documents, guides, presentations, intranet pages/sites, infographics, etc.
- Source and/or create content for the P&C newsletter, Global Communications channels, periodical reports, P&C announcements, videos, podcasts, photos, and any other piece of communication needed. This includes story gathering through interviews and research, etc.
- Source communications services as needed, internally or externally, including graphic design, video, interactive media, etc.
- Conduct ongoing analysis of current P&C communications mechanisms/channels. Provide recommendations on how improvements and innovations can be made. Develop new/refreshed mechanisms as needed for targeted P&C audiences.
- Ensure compliance with WV Brand standards.
- Build relationships and a regular line of communication with P&C internal clients, COEs, Global Marketing and Communications, and other stakeholders.
- Participate in team meetings and other briefing and planning meetings as appropriate.
Intranet / P&C Rhythm of the Business Support:
- Engage with clients regarding needs for intranet content, such as team or project worksites, pages or sites for intranet content, posting of announcements, documents and other content to support P&C project needs - both in wvcentral and in related websites, internal or external to WV.
- Gather requirements, design and develop intranet sites, subsites and pages with WV’s intranet (wvcentral) in SharePoint.
- Regularly review P&C wvcentral content and make changes/improvements based on the needs of internal clients, other stakeholders and staff.
- Maintain the P&C Rhythm of the Business Calendar and ensuring updates are shared with P&C Practitioners.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- At least three years working in a related field in communications, public relations, journalism, marketing, preferably in a global and multi-cultural environment.
- Strong understanding of change management and communications tools and best practices.
- Demonstrated relationship building and networking skills.
- Ability to synthesise information into cohesive content.
- Offer input on issues and challenge the status quo/conventional wisdom.
- Rich media experience – intranets, video production/editing, podcasts.
- A bachelor’s degree in communications, journalism, public relations, or a related client-services field, or equivalent work experience.
- World Vision Change Management Certification or equivalent.
- Fluency in English.