PURPOSE OF POSITION:
Provide leadership and strategic management for all aspects of People & Culture (HR) and organizational development functions. It provides strategic input and support to the National and Response Director, CoPs and Senior Leadership Teams in order to achieve the Global strategy and World Vision Internationals (WVI’s) mission.
Lead and facilitate the development of a highly effective and strategic P&C function to ensure the organization has the right structure, culture and talent needed to deliver on its objectives. play a key role in assessing internal and external environment in the workplace demands to ensure a proper change management and organizational culture approach, that considers national socio-political context, disasters, and lead actions on attracting and retaining qualified work force, new organizational initiatives towards efficiency and effectiveness and increasing need for higher levels of accountabilities to support new funding streams and diverse programs.
The P&C Director position will lead strategic thinking and implementation of World Vision Bangladesh’s P&C plans consistent with the Country strategy and Partnership’s LEADER P&C strategy. This position will support the Senior Management Team and the Governance leadership of the organization to execute organizational strategies, goals and priorities with World Vision’s vision, mission and values with excellence.
Leadership and Strategy:
- Advice and support National Office (NO) People and Culture in their leadership and engagement on matters related to Human Resource Management and Organizational Development.
- Strategic business partnering with the Leadership at all levels in creating a culture of transformational leadership.
- Advise and support the Leadership on all aspects relating to Human Resource Management, Leadership & Development and Organizational Development to create an enabling environment and increase people’s productivity.
- Collaborate with NO Senior Management Team (SMT) in setting up and management of performance accountability systems and HR balance scorecard in consultation with all relevant stakeholders.
- Practice servant hood and provide spiritual leadership to the team & beyond being a role model.
- Provide leadership in recruitment of senior leadership positions by working closely with the region and board as and when needed.
- Responsible to develop WV Bangladesh P&C priorities and plans ensuring that regional & national priorities are integrated and prioritized.
- Lead the development and implementation of P&C secondary strategy and business plan in support of and in alignment with Country, Regional (including sub strategies) and LEADER strategy and priorities.
- Provide leadership to development and implementation of organization wide communication and change management plan during transition.
- Develop strategic work force plan for the organization to deliver the country strategy.
Quality Assurance/Risk Management:
- Leads NO People & Culture review and assist NO in creating risk mitigation implementation plan related to P&C based on GC Internal Audit recommendations related to P&C.
- Leads, monitor and evaluate the progress of human resources management practices ensuring compliance with WVI partnership standards, policies and procedures. Advises and supports in addressing gaps/issues in P&C practices as necessary
- and appropriate.
- Contribute and support the organizational culture climate audits and engage NO leaders in mitigating risks in people management.
- Support the development, implementation and compliance of LEADER Scorecard in alignment with Country goals and priorities.
Organization Culture and Change:
- Leadership development programs are in place that produce cultural alignment, build leadership skills and develop behaviors consistent with WVB values and expectations of leaders.
- Culture Management plans are in place across divisions and are focused on strategic behaviors and capabilities.
- Organization Development initiatives reflect excellent changes management principles to gain traction and make lasting organization wide change.
- Facilitate the development of contextualized orientation materials and programs for new hires that create an enhanced understanding of WV mission, culture, policies, procedures and protocol.
- Open and productive relationships exist between management and employees. Processes are provided to effectively assist in equitably addressing workplace issues.
- Compensation and benefits are targeted at the level necessary to attract, retain and motivate quality people within the relevant comparator market by implementing Partnership Total Rewards philosophy.
- Review and facilitate staff care programs that relate to stress and support managers in their plans to ensure minimum stress within WV Bangladesh.
- Individual learning plans are established.
- Established clear performance indicators.
- Regular P&C individual performance feedback.
- Ensure positive feedback from clients (staff).
- Meet P&C department work goals.
Integration of P&C to other Department:
- Good working relationships with senior managers and ND, P&C regional office, WVI P&C.
- Established relationship with key P&C vendors outside WV Bangladesh.
- P&C audits/culture climate survey conducted.
- Professional & Personal Development:
- Demonstrating an understanding of and commitment to World Vision’s Core Values in the approach to work and relationships.
- Collaboration with different key working relationships.
- Work and Life balance.
- Personal and professional development goals consistent with World Vision’s strategic goal.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES:
- Graduate degree qualification and/or professional qualification in Organizational Development, Psychology, Development Studies, Leadership or HRD.
- Post graduate / MBA.
- At least 5 -7 years’ experience in Organizational Development and HR development or related fields, in a complex, international organization preferably in INGO context.
- Significant senior level leadership experience in an international environment, preferably in Bangladesh / South Asia.
- Developed people in a cross-cultural setting and initiated and implemented organizational change at leadership level.
- Proven leadership ability and executive presence and ability to build strong relationships with senior leaders.
- Proven experience in Change Management and OD processes.
- Experience in Operations with Grant Funding.
- A thorough understanding of all areas of HR management and staff development, and knowledge of HR, group processes and dynamics and able to apply it in Asian context.
- Demonstrated ability to assess, analyze and diagnose organizational realities and to use appropriate OD and performance improvement.
- Demonstrated collaboration skills.
- Preferred Skills, Knowledge and Experience:
- Understand the vision, mission of World Vision.
- Understand the Humanitarian industry.
- Results orientation and ability to demonstrate bottom line impact.
- Extensive experience in leading HR processes in a Grant funded Office.
Work Environment/Travel: The position requires ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 15% of the time.