WORK CONTEXT / BACKGROUND:
World Vision is a Christian relief and development organization working to create lasting change in the lives of children, families and communities living in poverty. World Vision serves all people regardless of religion, race, ethnicity or gender. As a child-focused organization, WV’s work focuses on children, ensuring they are protected and their basic needs are met. WVV has a total income of around US$ 19,000,000 (FY18) with funding from 14 support countries in Europe, Asia, the Americas and Australia. Funding of WVV consists of sponsorship program funding (70%) and PNS/grants (30%). WVV employs about 440 staff, of which 99% are Vietnamese nationals.
Currently, World Vision Vietnam is implementing 37 Area Programmes (APs) which operate in 5 zones: North 1 (Hoa Binh, Dien Bien), North 2 (Yen Bai, Tuyen Quang), North 3 (Hung Yên, Thanh Hoa, Hai Phong), Central (Quang Tri, Quang Nam, Danang) and South (Quang Ngai, Binh Thuan, Ho Chi Minh, DakNong). WVV’s APs focus within one administrative district of a province which usually populated by ethnic minority people with very high rates of poverty. A uniqueness of WVV’s AP approach and structure is that team members are based at district level where the AP is located, which enables them to work closely with government partners and communities on a daily basis. Beside the APs, WVV is also implementing different Special and Grant Projects to meet the specific needs of vulnerable children in both AP and non-AP areas.
There are 7 members in P&CD team, including P&C Director and six P&C Officers. Each P&C Officer is are charge of all P&C functions in their assigned regions and provide overall expertise in specific functions for P&C department.
PURPOSE OF POSITION:
To undertake all P&C functions in the assigned zone including Employment, Recruitment, Performance Management, Training and Development, Staff Engagement and P&C information management with minimum supervision and support from P&C director;
To provide overall expertise in the functions of Compensation and Benefits, Performance Management, Employee Relations to ensure compliance with Partnership P&C standards and undertake continuous improvement in quality and effectiveness;
To support the P&C Director in various aspect of day-to-day operations of PnC department, ensuring continuous improvement in quality and effectiveness of people management strategies;
Facilitate the multi-year and annual workforce planning to understand current and future staffing needs in alignment with strategic directions and operating plans, then define appropriate recruitment, retention and downsizing strategies.
Facilitate the standard recruitment processes (including reviewing JDs/TOR; advertising vacancies on different channels including social media and professional networks; screening; shortlisting; interviewing using competency based behavioral and situational interviewing techniques, preparing written test and organizing fieldtrip with job shadowing assignments; checking references; proposing job offer and preparing employment contracts) in an effective, timely, fair and transparent manner to select qualified candidate for the job.
Employment and Employee Relations:
- Coordinate onboarding/ orientation process for new hires and ensure all the new hires have good understanding of and subscribe to WVV’s ethos, core values; understand WV’s approaches, policies, procedures, strategies and operations to perform their job.
- Facilitate separation process in compliance with WV’s Policies, procedures and labor law.
- Facilitate staffing changes (promotion, new appointment, relocation, additional responsibility, secondment, etc.) in consultation with relevant line manager and technical staff.
- Update all staff changes in the assigned zone to relevant partners including Social Insurance Department, Personal Health and Accident Insurance Provider and Labor Management Agency in an accurate and timely manner.
- Administer Personal Income Tax, insurance claims and other benefits (absences, health check-up, etc.) for staff in the assigned zone in compliance with relevant laws, regulations and HR policies
- Handle staff grievances and disciplinary action processes in consultation with the P&C Director and line managers following Vietnam Labor Law, HR policy of WVV and WV principles on Employee Relations.
- Provide ongoing support to line managers and individual staff to implement the Partnering for Performance (WV’s performance management approach and process) for all staff.
- This includes providing ongoing coaching and support to line managers and individual staff to ensure that performance and development goals are SMART, contributing to team objectives and WVV’s Strategic Implementation Plans.
- Support the development of individual development plans in collaboration with line managers and employees.
- Equip line managers with relevant skills to inspire high performance, support career development and address poor performance in a timely and professional manners.
- Recognize staff for their additional efforts/ contribution and outstanding performance in a timely and appropriate manner.
Staff Care and Employee Engagement:
- In collaboration with line managers, create and maintain a conducive working environment where staff enjoy wellbeing as well as are highly motivated to make valuable contribution to the organization.
- Administer the engagement survey (Our Voice Survey) to get feedback from staff on the organizational and staff well-being and implement and/or coordinate follow-up actions to improve the result for the assigned zone
- Support line managers in change communication, identification of Innovators and Early adaptors for change, and in motivating and implementing the change.
- Coordinate spiritual nurture activities for the assigned zone as appropriate to the context of Vietnam.
PnC Information Management;
- Record all employee information and recruitment processes on Our People in a timely and accurate manner.
- Generate queries, analyses and use data on Our People to inform PnC related recommendations/ decisions.
- Record all employee information properly in hard and soft copies, including personal documents, contracts and appendices, policies sign-off, performance and training records, etc.
- Prepare P&C monthly reports, payroll and other updates in a timely and accurate manner.
- Provide statistics of the assigned zone as required
Leadership Development and Succession Planning:
- Assess and identify competency gaps against competency frameworks for key roles.
- Provide coaching/ support and tools to line managers to conduct talent review, identify second liners for key roles, develop/ update their talent profiles, conduct career conversations and facilitate their career development
- Support the PnC Director in developing and delivering learning and development activities that help close employees competency and skill gaps as identified in IDP and talent profiles.
- Use all available resources (in house trainers, WVI regional office’s programs, WVI online learning, consultancy, etc.) using blended learning approach including Webinar, simulation, coaching, mentoring, etc. to support the development of leaders and potential successors.
- Track learning application and evaluate the effectiveness and impact of learning and development activities/ activities to justify the ROI.
Knowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- A bachelor degree in a relevant field.
- Degree in Human Resource Management
Knowledge & Skills:
- Good knowledge and understanding of HR functions such as recruitment, employee employment/relations, performance management, employee engagement, learning and development, etc.
- Thorough understanding of Vietnamese labour law and practices, especially Insurance
- Good understanding about humanitarian industry, WVV’s operation and its programs.
- Ability and skills to support the development of staff and leaders to meet and exceed the competencies required to achieve organizational goals and objectives.
- Good interpersonal skills.
- Good written and spoken communications skills in English and Vietnamese.
- Well-organized work style including sound process management skills.
- Demonstrated judgment and discernment skills, maturity and the ability to maintain strict confidentiality of staff and organizational records.
- Ability to coach, mentor and manage staff’s performance
- Willing to support the philosophy, purpose and values of WV in its work with the poor in Vietnam.
Experience: A minimum of 3 year relevant working experience.