UNICEF promotes the rights and welfare of all children and adolescents in everything we do. Together with our allies, we work in 190 countries and territories to transform this commitment into practical actions that benefit all children, especially focusing our efforts on reaching the most vulnerable and excluded, worldwide.
The UNICEF Latin America and Caribbean Regional Office is based in in Panama, operating in 36 territories, including 24 country offices.
UNICEF works to put the rights and well-being of the most disadvantaged children at the heart of the social, political, and economic agenda, in line with our equity focus, working across our organization and with our partners in government, civil society and the private sector to support shifts in public policy, fuel social engagement, and increase investment for children.
Purpose of the Job
The Philanthropy unit in the Latin American and Caribbean Regional Office (LACRO) leads the development of the Major Donors and Foundation strategy for the Region, supports countries to develop their local strategies, and develops relationships at a regional and/or global level.
Under the supervision of the Philanthropy Manager, the post-holder will support the team in the identification, cultivation and stewardship of UNICEFâ€™s High Value Foundations and Major Donors pipeline and maximize resources and support for UNICEF programmes to achieve results for children.
The Philanthropy Officer will also assist the philanthropy team in the administration, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of fundraising activities from Major Donors and Foundations.
How can you make a difference?
Prospect Research and Partners Cultivation
- Develop high level engagement plans for UHNWIs and Foundations with the ability to give on the 6 and 7 figures level (US $);
- Work with the Regional Philanthropy Manager to deliver robust new business development strategies and stewardship plans for Foundations and Major Donors;
- Analyze the UHNWI market related to philanthropic giving to identify adequate programme proposals and engagement opportunities at national and international level.
Engagement with prospects and partners:
- Assist the Philanthropy Manager in the daily management of relationships with identified prospects and act as a secondary relationship manager for key donors with 6 or 7 figures giving capacity;
- Contribute to the stewardship of a portfolio of major donors and ensure that they are managed and recognized in a dynamic, appropriate and systemized manner;
- Ensure effective communications with partners by writing donor communications and the materials needed for prospect engagement including briefing materials, slide decks and elevator speeches;
- Help with the development of high-quality proposals and reports;
- Create and maintain an event calendar of key relevant philanthropy sector events and external engagement opportunities;
- Ensure the dynamic delivery of virtual events with foundations and philanthropic networks
- Help with the creation and delivery of webinars for internal capacity building during Skillshare
- Help with management of the Central America Donors Forum virtual event (briefing notes, help in organizing bilateral meetings, speaking notes, etc).
Philanthropy Team Support
- Carry out additional tasks as required by the Partnership Manager
- Support the Philanthropy Specialist on the implementation of the partnership strategy for Foundations as well as for Major Donors
- Substitute the Philanthropy Manager in virtual events and meetings when needed so to summarize the learning and have team representation
- Help drafting weekly regional newsletter by analyzing internal news from global and regional offices
- Help putting together weekly and monthly updates for internal stakeholders, including updating the achievements deck
- Regularly updates of the database of Foundations, Major Donors and Key Contacts.
Minimum Requirements and Qualifications
- University / Business School degree in Business Management, Communication, Marketing, International Relations, Social Sciences or related field is required.
- Minimum of 5-years-experience in fundraising from either private or public sector, marketing or sales.