FHI 360 designs and implements academic, professional, cultural, and youth exchange programs for students and emerging leaders around the world.
- Develop modules and extensions for an existing PHP system.
- Customize, configure, and administrate the PHP system and associated third party modules
- Customize the interface
- Create reports, online forms, and email campaigns using built-in modules or third-party modules
- Troubleshoot and resolve problems reported by users
- Work with users to test new features
- Create and maintain documentation for code and configuration
- Contribute to the discovery and implementation of future solutions to project information and data need
- BA/BS preferred.
- 3 years of PHP 5 development experience
- Understanding of web protocols and standards such as SOAP, JSON, HTTP(S) etc.
- Experience managing source code using revision control systems. Git is preferred.
- Should be comfortable working in Linux command line
- Knowledge of coding best practices and design patterns.
- Experience exporting and importing data sets into/from web-based data platforms
- 3 years or more of PHP Development experience
- Proficiency in HTML/CSS is required
- Associate’s Degree or its International Equivalent - Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or Related Field.
- 2– 5 Years of work experience.
- Working knowledge of project management concepts Possession of excellent analytical skills. Possession of excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to work in a team environment.
- Customer Service Oriented
- Read, write and speak English; fluent in host country language required.
- Experience in use of programming languages and platform technologies.
- Prior experience working in a non- governmental organization (NGO).
Typical Physical Demands: Typical office environment. Ability to sit and stand for extended periods of time; ability to lift 5-25 lbs.
Technology to be Used: Personal Computer, Microsoft Office (i.e. Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.), e-mail, telephone, printer, calculator, copier, cell phones, PDAs and other hand held devices.
Travel Requirements: Less than 10%
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.