Planning & Monitoring Specialist(For Pakistan Nationals Only)
UNICEF, Islamabad, Pakistan
Closing Date for Applications:
Purpose for the job:
Under the supervision of the Chief, PMER the incumbent shall be responsible for:
- Support the preparation, design, monitoring and implementation of the country programme.
- Support the planning and management of Multiple Indicator Cluster Surveys at the national and subnational level, including secondary analysis.
- Support development of the UN One Progamme and resultant work plans to ensure UNICEF contributions are adequately reflected.
- Support evidence based programming within UNICEF.
Summary of key functions/accountabilities:
- Support and contribute significantly to the process of preparing the situation analysis and the country programme document (CPD) and strategic note.
- Contribute significantly to the preparation of the UNICEF Country Programme Management Plan and the integrated budget submission.
- Contribute to the preparation of the One UN Progamme for Pakistan, including the Country Analysis, to ensure equitable development results for children remain a focus. Ensure that all One UN plans are living documents that are jointly reviewed according to the SMART principle, and that follow up, corrective actions are identified and taken throughout the One Programme Cycle. Coordinate UNICEF's inputs into the One UN Programme results matrices. Ensure that all matrices incorporate the Equity Agenda and are rights based and results based.
- Support the preparation and finalization of the Multi Year Work Plans and Annual Work Plans
- Ensure that the Situation Analysis remains updated with new information as and when required
- Support regular periodic reviews of the country programme i.e. midyear, annual and midterm focusing on results for children and follow up actions
- Supervise the planning and management of the Multiple Indicator Cluster Surveys (MICS) at the national and subnational levels ensuring quality assurance and global standards are adhered to. Support identification of national and subnational level capacity building needs for MICS
- Support the maintenance of statistical database (DEVINFO) for children and women for social sector planning.
- Support the secondary analysis of national and subnational survey data in support of generating evidence for various levels of decision-makers and policy-makers (equity profiles, CWI, MODA, etc)
- Contribute to the production of any survey and study reports, donor reports and evaluations as required during the programme cycle.
- Support the social policy specialist and other programme staff, possibly other UN agencies and key partners, in analyzing and reviewing relevant data and support development and implementation of any data collection and analysis activities.
- Provide data and evidence to support evidence based programming within UNICEF.
- Support the CCC monitoring in emergencies, through methods such as MIRA.
- Support the implementation of field monitoring by UNICEF staff and contractors, during development programme implementation, emergencies and early recovery (using CCC monitoring tools for the latter).
- Advanced university degree in development planning, economics, social policy, design and analysis, social sciences, statistics, or related technical field.
- Specialized training (or demonstrated experience) in social sector planning & social policy analysis.
- Good knowledge of computer usage and application of appropriate software packages.
- Five years of progressively responsible professional work experience at national and international levels in planning, design and management of social sector programmes, social policy analysis and programme planning, monitoring and evaluation.
- Fluency in English and another UN language.
- Fluency in the national language of the duty station is an asset.