Policy and Communications Intern
Closing Date for Applications:
The Policy Group of J-PAL Europe is recruiting a Policy and Communications Intern to contribute to its mission of promoting evidence-based policy in Europe. This internship is based at our offices at the Paris School of Economics (PSE). This is a full-time internship during the 2019-2020 academic year. Start and end dates are flexible, but we ask for a three-month minimum commitment. You must be able to obtain an internship agreement (or convention de stage) from your university.
The Policy and Communications Intern will be an integral member of our small Policy and Communications team, dedicated to translating research into action. Responsibilities will include the following:
- Communications: Assisting in the drafting and preparation of materials for J-PAL’s policy outreach work, including presentations, evidence summaries, J-PAL’s website and social media, and translation of documents.
- Understanding the policy landscape: Tracking relevant developments in policy across Europe and helping the team identify opportunities for engagement and for building new partnerships to generate rigorous evidence on topics of importance to European policymakers.
- Event support: Contributing to the organization of policy events in Europe, such as conferences, donor meetings, and/or trainings.
- Policy writing: Helping maintain J-PAL’s evaluation summary database, including fact-checking summaries of existing research.
- Miscellaneous: Other tasks as needed.
- Education: An undergraduate degree including significant training in empirical research methods, econometrics, and/or statistics. Students who have begun Master’s-level study are preferred.
- Experience and interest: Strong interest in international development or public policy through coursework, study abroad, or previous internship experience.
- Communication: Strong writing skills.
- Languages: Fluent in spoken and written English, with a minimum of working proficiency in French. Fluency in German, Turkish, or another major European language would be an asset.
- Attitude: You are excited to learn and enthusiastic about taking on a broad range of assignments.