What are you going to do in this position?
You will support quality data and analyzes of the VAM Unit of WFP Cameroon, an analyst is required. This will allow the unit to increase performance in terms of food security and nutrition reporting. You will also liaise with the sub-offices in order to strengthen their capacities. You will also ensure compliance with the highest WFP standards in terms of database management and collection, analysis and presentation of data and results on food security and nutrition.
Why work with us?
- WFP provides food assistance to more than 86 million people in 83 countries, including Cameroon. Your work will have a positive impact on the lives of the world's most vulnerable people.
- You will join a diverse team of professionals and have the opportunity to exchange experiences with your colleagues and continuously learn from each other.
- WFP invests in the training and development of its employees through a range of training, accreditation, mentoring and other programs as well as international mobility opportunities.
Placed under the direct supervision of the VAM Officer, your main responsibilities will be:
- Participate in the development of methodologies for food security studies and monitoring to enable WFP management and project managers to make decisions in terms of identifying cyclical and structural factors affecting food security and its evolution over time and in space;
- Participate in the technical coordination of evaluation surveys for all program activities, sampling, collection and statistical analysis of data then in the drafting of reports ensuring regular monitoring, through a system and a network of data collection and updating on food security and food prices for analysis and decision making;
- Produce newsletters as well as periodic reports on the analysis of vulnerability to food insecurity and changing trends over time in order to guide the planning and programming process of food assistance interventions WFP and its partners;
- Prepare TORs and participate in the design of survey questionnaires, training interviewers, harmonize and codify data entry forms;
- Develop and update on ODK, ONA, etc. and other platforms forms to facilitate data collection on Smartphones;
- Regularly update WFP databases through the creation and updating of forms and input tables based on existing tools to be adapted and improved according to the needs of the Program and in accordance with WFP IT standards;
- Provide technical support to field offices, and support in capacity building in food security and vulnerability analysis, on the use of standardized data collection tools;
- Participate in the training of staff of WFP and its partners in the use and visualization of data with specialized software (SPSS, STATA, R, ArcGIS, Tableau, etc.), in food security analysis and monitoring steps ;
- Support the country office team in setting up an automatic update system through interactive dashboards to ensure real-time monitoring of key food and nutrition security indicators, and project monitoring ;
- Support the production of maps of WFP interventions and survey data;
- Improve the data management and analysis capacities of WFP staff at the country office level, sub-offices and their partners;
- Promote the use of new information and communication technologies for the collection of survey data from WFP and its partners through capacity building on the development and use and analysis of data;
- Perform any other task required as required by the unit.
Qualifications and Key Requirements
Education : A master's level university degree (Bac + 4) in statistics, economics and management, monitoring-evaluation, social sciences, development studies, or similar is required for the position.
Experience : At least 4 years of professional experience in statistical analysis, econometrics, cartography and / or database management with a United Nations agency or in a structure recognized for the quality of its statistical analyzes; Experience or training in social services, food security and nutrition, finance or other related field would be a plus.
- Good knowledge of the humanitarian sector and statistical modeling;
- Good quantitative and qualitative analysis skills;
- Excellent analytical, communication and writing skills;
- Detail oriented, efficient and able to meet deadlines;
- Be able to stay in rural areas and work in difficult environments;
- Be able to work in a team, independently and under pressure within short deadlines;
- Excellent computer skills, MS Office including word processing, Outlook, spreadsheets and other software packages.
- Excellent knowledge of mapping software (ArcGIS, QGIS, etc.).
- Knowledge of statistical software (SPSS, Stata and / or R) and visualization software such as Tableau is an asset.
Languages : Fluency in French or English and a working knowledge of the second language.