About the Organization:
World Resources Institute (WRI) is an independent, nonprofit global research organization that turns big ideas into action at the nexus of environment, economic opportunity and human well-being. Their work focuses on building sustainable and liveable cities and working towards a low carbon economy. Through research, analysis, and recommendations, WRI India puts ideas into action to build transformative solutions to protect the earth, promote livelihoods, and enhance human well-being.
Position: Post Doctoral Fellow (Air Quality) Sustainable Cities Team - Delhi/Indore
The successful candidate will be responsible for air quality monitoring, data analysis, source identification, air pollution dispersion, receptor modeling, data collection from the primary and secondary sources, and technical writing for India locations (Indore and surrounding areas) under the CAC project. The candidate will work closely with air quality experts. The candidate will be required to independently design the study, data collection, analysis, and scientific research paper writing.
The candidate will handle a range of responsibilities. Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Research design, Air quality sampling (collection of data through regulatory grade and low-cost instruments inventory, root cause analysis of air pollution
- Technical reports and paper writing
- Liaise with experts in India (CAC project partners), global experts, and researchers to facilitate the development), Air quality data analysis, source apportionment study, development of emissions of high-quality research and pilot design.
Qualifications and Requirements:
- Ph.D. in Environmental Engineering/Civil Engineering/Atmospheric Sciences/Aerosol Science/Physics/Climate Sciences or a related quantitative field.
- Strong background in atmospheric science, air quality sampling, air quality research.
- Significant background in handling and processing large data sets.
- Good experience in field experiment environmental sensing/measurement.
- Full-time work experience (optional) with knowledge and use of air quality instruments is desirable after/during Ph.D. International work/study experience will be valuable
- Demonstrated exceptional ability (through published work, articles, etc.) to write and comprehend effectively
- Strong analytical research skills -ability to communicate complex concepts clearly, both orally and in writing, with English fluency.
- Candidates will be required to produce a writing sample.
Duration of Appointment:
- The appointment for the post is for two years. The appointment will initially be for one year. Renewal will be subjected to the performance of the candidate.
- The post is purely temporary and on a contractual basis.