Power BI Report Designer
Plan International, Canada
Closing Date for Applications:
The Report Designer will work with our IT Business Solutions teams to support the design and development of our data and analytics reports across the organization. In this role you will work closely with the business, particularly our Mass Marketing teams, to lead them through the development of requirements and design and then pivot focus to work hand in hand with the Business Solutions team to oversee and support the full data flow from integration to modeling to final Power BI reports. Throughout the process, the Report Designer will be critical from design and translation to final reports and dashboards.
You are passionate about data and its ability to help drive decision-making in a perpetually changing, complex landscape. You enjoy the challenge of converting complex data sources into digestible data leading to valuable insights to guide strategic business direction.
What success looks like?
- Responsible for leading reporting and dashboard design sessions to identify critical requirements and craft wireframes to develop into new reports
- Working with the Business Solutions team to translate approved designs from data source into data warehouse for consumption within Power BI dashboards
- Using Power BI to convert the design into data visualizations, dashboards and reports
- Contribute reporting and business intelligence expertise to special projects
- Identify and develop best practices for standard naming conventions and coding practices
As our ideal candidate you will have:
- Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proven track record of working with diverse stakeholders across the business (e.g. Marketing, International Programs and Communications)
- Computer Science or Engineering degree or equivalent professional experience
- Proficiency in building Power BI dashboards essential with Tableau experience an asset
- Demonstrated experience in evaluating business processes and recommending improvements
- Technical proficiency with Microsoft SQL Server
- Familiarity with SSRS / SSIS / SSAS
- Understanding of structured query language (SQL) and related best practices to support work of team
- Experience with Snowflake (a cloud data warehouse platform)
- Understanding of Blackbaud CRM and Salesforce CRM solutions.