- The Premises Administrative and Security Clerk will work under the direct supervision of the UNDSS Security Advisor and UNDP Operations Manager on security and administrative issues, respectively. He/she will be responsible for the overall coordination of administrative and security issues related to the UN Common Premises (UNCP) and should provide reliable services ensuring high quality of work.
- The Premises Administrative and Security Clerk should ensure that all facilities and amenities of the building are operational, and should coordinate and duly arrange regular and ad hoc maintenance, as needed. He/she should provide UNDP Operations Manager, and as required, the Building Management Committee with the annually, quarterly and monthly plans and reports and advice on how such services and facilities can improve in terms of functionality, cost efficiency, and environmental considerations.
- Under direct supervision and guidance of UNDSS, the Premises Administrative and Security Clerk should ensure that the safety and security arrangements at the premises are well established and complied with the safety and security policies and SOPs for UNCP, including but not limited to compliance of the services of the outsourced security guards with the Common Premises security SOPs and policies.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
Summary of Key Functions:
- Provision of administrative support and maintenance of the building
- Implementation of safety and security policies and SOPs of the UN Common Premises
- Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Under supervision of UNDP Operations Manager provides administrative support and maintenance of the building, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provides administrative activities in full compliance with UN/UNDP rules, regulations, policies.
- Assists with preparing annual workplan and budget of the UN Common Premises, and ensures compliance with the approved annual budget.
- Supervises handyman and telephone operator to ensure complete and satisfactory performance.
- Monitors the services of the outsourced cleaners and ensures satisfactory services and compliance with the contract.
- Timely and effective follows up with the company on any finding and issue that requires action or improvement.
- Assist with review, verification of, and processing the payments related to the Common Premises, including payments to the contractors, utilities, service providers, etc.
- Arranges with service companies for scheduled maintenance services of the cooling, heating, electricity, generator, gas, water and the elevator systems of the building through timely repairs and arrangements for or major repairs, as needed, in coordination with UNDP
- Ensures cleanness and proper functioning of the common rooms and equipment such as Conference Room, CCTVs, fire extinguishers, etc.
- Assist with record-keeping and updating the lists consumables and assets of the UNCP.
- Keep the log of the Conference Room and due arrangements, as needed.
- Proper coordination and consultation with UNDP Procurement/Admin Unit on procurements related to common premises, as needed.
- Assisting the UNDP Procurement/Admin Unit on timely preparation and/or extension of UNCP lease and MoU for occupancy and use of Common of Premises by UN agencies.
- Assisting the BMC in sourcing new premises, if needed.
Under supervision of UNDSS Security Advisor, implements safety and security policies and SOPs of the UN Common Premises, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Closely works with and reports to UNDSS on all matters related to safety and security of the UN Common Premises.
- Keeps abreast of and ensures compliance with safety and security policies and procedures for staff, visitors, and the premises.
- Proactively communicates with UNDSS to seek guidance on policies, procedures, and SOPs, and assists UNDSS with developing or improving internal SOPs.
- Ensures periodic, and as needed ad hoc reporting to UNDSS on all safety and security related matters, including any irregularities or breach of security.
- Oversees the performance of the outsourced security guards to ensure full compliance with the security related policies and SOPs of the common premises (including SOPs related to access to premises for the staff and visitors) and escalate to UNDSS any finding that may compromise the safety and security of the staff/visitors/the premises.
- Ensures that guards maintain a logbook of entry/exit of everyone, verifies logbooks and escalates any irregularity.
- Assists with designing a shift plan that deploys the guards in most efficient way.
- Conducts ad hoc surprise checks during different times of the weekdays and weekends and report any irregularity.
- Coordinates with UNDSS to arrange refresher training or ad hoc trainings for the guards.
- Assists with preparing the building evacuation plan for the premises, and assist with evacuation as needed.
- Conducts on-arrival briefing to new personnel of UNCP, upon request, on evacuation and access control procedures.
- Acts as focal point for fire extinguishing for the premises, and ensures regular control/refill/service of fire extinguishers.
- Quickly responds to any incident, and uses it as a lesson learnt in preparing SOP to deal with similar situations.
- Follow up and implement MOSS related measures, as required by UNDSS.
- Ensure that security equipment, CCTV and related systems are functional 24/7, and arranges proper regular check-up and maintenance.
- In close consultation with UNDSS liaises with the Diplomatic Police as needed;
Provides support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Participation in the training for the operations/projects staff on administration.
- Contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
- Ability to perform a variety of repetitive and routine tasks and duties related to general administration support and security services.
- Ability to review data, identify and adjust discrepancies
- Ability to handle a large volume of work possibly under time constraints
- Good knowledge of administrative rules and regulations and security procedures.
- Detailed knowledge and understanding of clerical, administrative, safety/security, secretarial best practices and procedures, in-depth knowledge of office software applications relating to word processing data management presentation, ATLAS, as required
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of computerized business machines and office equipment in order to provide efficient delivery of service
- Ability to organize and complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities
- Collects and compiles data with speed and accuracy identifying what is relevant and discarding what is not, records it in an accessible manner and maintains data bases
- Thoroughly and methodically collects, verifies and records data demonstrating attention to detail and identifying and correcting errors on own initiative
- Transmits file data; creates and generate queries, reports and documents utilizing databases, spreadsheets, communications and other software packages with speed and accuracy
- Interprets data, draws conclusions and/or identifies patterns which support the work of others
MANAGING DOCUMENTS, CORRESPONDENCE AND REPORTS
- Creates, edits and presents information (queries, reports, documents) in visually pleasing, clear and presentable formats such as tables, forms, presentations, briefing notes/books and reports using advanced word processing and presentation functions and basic database and spreadsheet software
- Edits, formats and provides inputs to correspondence, reports, documents and/or presentations using work processing, spreadsheets and databases meeting quality standards and requiring minimal correction
- Shows sound grasp of grammar, spelling and structure in the required language
- Ensures correspondence, reports and documents comply with established UN standards
- Ability to produce accurate and well documented records conforming to the required standard
PLANNING, ORGANIZING AND MULTI-TASKING
- Organises and accurately completes multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, frequent interruptions, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships
- Plans, coordinates and organises workload while remaining aware of changing priorities and competing deadlines
- Demonstrates ability to quickly shift from one task to another to meet multiple support needs
- Establishes, builds and maintains effective working relationships with staff and clients to facilitate the provision of support
- Promoting learning and knowledge management/sharing is the responsibility of each staff member.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Secondary Education/High school with 4 years or Bachelors with 1 year of relevant administrative and security related experience.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc.). Experience in handling of web-based management systems.