Premises Management Officer
United Nations Development Programme(UNDP), Islamabad, Pakistan
Closing Date for Applications:
Duties and Responsibilities
Ensures reliable and effective Common Services for SBC, Sub-Offices and the upcoming UN House project in accordance with management framework and client satisfaction criteria;
- Develop Common services business process mapping and establishment of internal Standard Operating Procedures to document all critical workflows;
- Maintains an up-to-date Business Continuity Plan (BCP) for SBC, Common Premises and UNH, including annual BCP testing working closely and in coordination with BCP focal points;
- Ensure readiness for joint UN and agency mandated specific audits;
- Ensure inclusiveness of all UNH participating agencies in critical matters relating to management of Common services;
- Timely preparation of unit work plans, annual performance plans and reviews for both UN staff and contracted personnel;
- Manages the facilities management contractor providing the day-to-day maintenance of UNDP, particularly with respect to common premises facilities to ensure cost effective safe, environmentally sustainable and efficient premises and infrastructure services.
- Provides technical analysis and makes recommendations to ensure efficient premises maintenance and repair priorities are executed in a timely manner for CO and Common Premises.
- Develops recommendations and analyses for Operations Specialist on premises maintenance and repair initiatives.
- Prepares the procurement and project adjudications relating to maintenance and repair of the premises.
- Provides analysis and recommendations on life cycle costs and compliance with UN and local standards and norms relating to the operation and maintenance of upcoming UNH and existing SBC and Common Premises buildings to ensure energy conservation and environmental sustainability.
- Maintains cooperation and collaboration with other UN agencies as well as local authorities to develop and exploit available synergies and opportunities for collaborative working in the field of premises management with the goal of reducing cost, increasing efficiency, reducing emissions and improving safety.
- Reviews periodic reporting on the premises and facilities management.
- Supervises and coordinates the facility management contracts with external service providers, ensuring quality management against key performance indicators and service level agreements, contract cost control, technical performance, health and safety management, risk management, disaster preparedness and contingency planning while ensuring best industry standards in terms of premises operations.
Elaboration of strategic approach to implementation of Common Services in line with UN reform, the latest developments in common services and best practices;
- Establishment of shared premises service package for all collaborating agencies
- Business development analysis with a view to expand the scope of services and coverage to clients and/or increase revenue through cost-recovery;
- Support OMT in development of the joint Business Operating Strategy for further harmonization of operations across UN agencies;
- Foster a culture of innovation and continuing critical review of cost vs performance parameters
- Develop strategic partnerships with potential external clients for common services and potential service providers.
Ensures efficient and accurate asset and financial resources management for the upcoming UN House, SBC and common premises of Peshawar and Quetta
- Prepare annual budgets and cost recovery systems for agreed common services and ensure transparency and reporting on revenues, budgets, cost recovery, cost sharing, performance against
- service level standards, and other measures as may be agreed;
- Monitor and prepare regular management reports of expenditures of common services
- Proper inventory control; supervision of proper issuance of inventory items and supplies.
- Manage joint assets of SBC, Common premises and UNH in close coordination with the administrative agency;
- Ensure timely delivery of goods and services by working in close coordination with the administrative agency on procurement, oversee effective management of contracts and continuous evaluation of service provider
- Management of Archive/document Management System
Supports forward-looking client relationships, information and communication management networks between all agencies and at the agreed service level standards
- Ensure client-oriented approach in all areas of common services provision
- Regular and appropriate reporting to internal and external clients with timely feedback on service requests
Support to knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learnt directly linked to the UNH, SBC and common premises goals
- Knowledge building and sharing with regards to management and operations of the UNH and common premises, and sound contributions to UNDG knowledge networks and communities of practices;
- Capacity development of collaborating staff members with reference to effective delivery of building management services
- Other Duties as assigned by the UNH Management Board or the supervisor in support of UNCT or OMT requests
- Minimum Masters degree or equivalent in Social sciences, Business Management, or relevant field.
- At least 2 years of relevant experience is required.
- Experience of premises management with UN or any other International Organization is desirable.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages, experience in handling of web based management systems.
- Fluency in English & Urdu is required.
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://jobs.partneragencies.net/erecruitjobs.html?JobOpeningId=4870