Do you want to build a career that is truly worthwhile? The International Finance Corporation (IFC), a member of the World Bank Group, is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. Working with more than 2,000 businesses worldwide, we use our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities to create markets and opportunities where they are needed most.
The Vice President, Corporate Strategy and Resources (CTSVP), provides overall direction for IFC's corporate functions, including Human Resources, IT, budget and administration and corporate strategy.
The HR Department is looking for a Principal HR Officer, Employment Framework and Recruitment to lead the HR work program of the Vice Presidency in the following areas: HR Strategy, HR Policies and Procedures, Diversity & Inclusion, Knowledge Management, Cross-Cutting Initiatives, and Talent Acquisition. The position is based in Washington, reports to the HR Director.
The position will provide a unique opportunity to provide leadership in the above areas, ensuring that work delivered meets the needs of the business; while at the same time, the position will allow the incumbent to gain an overview of IFC's corporate functions and interact with a wide range of people both inside and outside the Corporation. The position requires a commitment to the continuous development of IFC's HR programs to support the business as well as strong project/program management, capacity for focused work and excellent communication skills.
Duties and Accountabilities:
- The Principal HR Officer, Employment Framework and Recruitment will be responsible for designing and implementing HR programs in the areas of HR Strategy, HR Policies and Procedures, Diversity & Inclusion, Knowledge Management, Cross-Cutting Initiatives, and Talent Acquisition.
- S/he will design, build, and implement with line management a strong integrated set of programs, initiatives, processes and products to address IFC client needs and ensure seamless support to IFC managers and staff in the delivery and continuous improvement of these programs.
- S/he will co-ordinate a group of senior resources who will operate as thematic leads for the different HR programmatic areas.
- Provide direction in developing, implementing and managing innovative and high impact HR programs and initiatives in the areas s/he will be responsible for;
- Partner with IFC management teams to implement a transformational HR agenda aimed at recruiting, developing and retaining the very best innovative talent in line with business needs and corporate process;
- Establish and ensure continuous improvement of HR programs in the areas s/he will be responsible for, aligned with the objectives of the IFC strategy and priority programs;
- Engage with IFC stakeholders to create the HR platform to support the implementation of IFC 3.0;
- Ensure consistent communication and change management implementation for HR programs and initiatives;
- Develop a knowledge management methodology aligned to organizational priorities and identified needs for retaining and leveraging HR related knowledge;
- Ensure adequate flow of knowledge and expertise so that clients receive the highest quality support and knowledge as needed;
- Be accountable for delivering the agreed upon work program through cost-effective use of resources (human and budget) within the agreed parameters and in compliance with internal controls and policies.
- At least 12 years of experience in positions of increasing complexity and responsibility in Human Resources;
- Advanced degree in relevant field (e.g., human resource management, organizational development, business administration or related discipline);
- Extensive experience and proven track record in the areas s/he will be responsible for;
- Demonstrated experience in successfully translating business and HR strategies into the design and implementation of programs in the areas s/he will be responsible for;
- Superior program and project management skills;
- Strong organizational skills;
- Excellent interpersonal skills;
- Ability to generate HR data and use insights from data analysis to guide HR policies and business decisions;
- Ability to handle complexity and ambiguity and deal with competing priorities and tight deadlines;
- Mental agility to keep pace with a constantly evolving business environment;
- In-depth knowledge of HR best practices in the areas s/he will be responsible for;
- Demonstrated the ability to work across boundaries as a leader and as a team member;
- Highly developed personal integrity, strong values and ethics;
- Experience in managing large scale change management;
- Proven ability to work collaboratively with internal and external partners to drive results;
- Ability to leverage resources across organizational boundaries;
- Demonstrated ability to form client relationships at all levels.