Principal Valuation and Structuring Officer
African Development Bank, Abidjan, Ivory Coast
Closing Date for Applications:
The main responsibilities of the position holder are:
- Lead the formulation of operational guidelines on equity valuation and collateral valuation management;
- Develop, implement and/or maintain appropriate financial models and portfolio valuation tools as may be needed (e.g. discount cash flow models);
- Provide support to origination teams on optimization of financial structures for non-sovereign investments, and project bankability enhancement across various sectors (infrastructure sectors, social and agriculture sectors and financial sector)
- Perform equity valuation for new and existing investments, and provide opinion on best exit-strategies;
- Provide support to Bank’s non-sovereign operations during project monitoring and supervision phase including collateral valuation
- Perform Impairment analysis: build, understand and explain the models that affect the IFRS9 Expected Loss provisioning
- Assist other staffs in getting acquaintance with various best practice financial and valuation models
- Provide technical and analytical support to institutional initiatives pertaining to the Bank’s Non-Sovereign Operations.
Duties and responsibilities
- Under the overall guidance and direct supervision of the Division Manager - Strategy and Transaction support, the Principal Transaction Support and Valuation Officer will perform the following:
- Perform periodic valuation of collateral secured on an individual basis for non-sovereign projects financed by the Bank.
- Review proposed valuations by Fund Managers for equity investments in terms of appropriateness of methodology and accuracy throughout the investment life and on support portfolio officers in the assessment of the feasibility of proposed hold and/or exit recommendations.
- Review when necessary financial terms of potential investments and transaction with a view of achieving the future secondary sale of assumed exposures to commercial investors, financiers and insurers;
- Lead the formulation of the periodic valuation report and present the analysis and results in a clear and concise manner.
- Perform other ad-hoc responsibilities as assigned.
- Hold at least a Master’s degree (or its university equivalent) in Finance, Financial Engineering, Accounting, Economics or related field.
- Professional certification such as the Chartered Financial Analyst (CFA) would be considered favourably.
- Have a minimum of six (06) years of relevant professional experience with the Bank, a similar Development Finance institution, a major investment bank and/or major international strategic consultancy firm with tasks related to asset valuation.
- Prior experience in non-recourse project finance and corporate loan in the infrastructure, industrial, manufacturing, agribusiness and services sector is necessary.
- Detailed understanding of lending and investment practices, financial modelling, rating methodology, and risk management concepts and methodology.
- Strong experience with Credit enhancement and risk mitigation instruments is preferred.
- Ability to respond swiftly to new situations and to anticipate new issues.
- Proven ability to acquire new skills (particularly in legal, investment, risk capital, technology and innovative sectors).
- Operational effectiveness, innovation and creativity
- Excellent spoken and written English or French languages, preferably with a working knowledge of the other;
- Competence in the use of standard Microsoft Office Suite applications; Knowledge of SAP is advantageous.