The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The Private Partnerships Division (PGP) division is undergoing an exciting transformation and is looking for a motivated individual to join as a crucial part of the team. The private sector is uniquely qualified to play a leadership role in ending hunger. Some of the largest and most respected brands and companies in the world – such as MasterCard, Royal DSM, Facebook, Google and many others – are helping achieve zero hunger by enabling WFP to strengthen operations, reach more people, fund lifesaving programs and build public support. They choose to partner with WFP because of WFP’s reach, scale and track record to create innovative partnerships that leverage their unique strengths and create lasting impact. We are seeking to recruit a Fundraising Specialist - Individual Giving position at the P3 level, based in Rome, Italy.
WFP is investing in significantly growing its work with the private sector (including with corporates, foundations, and individual giving).
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive, within delegated authority):
Under the guidance of the Head of Individual Giving and PGP Deputy Director, the Fundraising Specialist-Individual Giving will be responsible for the following work activities:
- Assist in implementing the WFP Private Sector Partnerships & Fundraising Strategy with a focus on growing individual giving through digital fundraising activity.
- Contribute to the development of a global individual giving strategy, including setting global individual giving KPIs, and managing investment activity.
- Develop the global individual giving programme and optimize current digital fundraising activity with the goal of growing regular giving income, improving emergency fundraising and growing digital engagement.
- Work with external agencies and suppliers to develop and deliver individual fundraising activity including management of investment and developing highly specific pilots and plans in selected markets.
- Identify new ways to raise money from individuals digitally including opportunities to acquire leads and donor as well as supporting corporate partnerships with individual engagement/fundraising opportunities.
- Analysis of campaign metrics and key performance indicators to ensure best practices and lessons learned and sharing these metrics/KPIs with senior management.
- Lead work on digital attribution, dashboarding and benchmarking to ensure that the utilization of investment and reporting of results is accurate and strategic.
- Track the global developments in digital fundraising and engagement platforms across the sector, and beyond, maintaining relationships with key contacts in the digital and fundraising industry.
- Oversee and guide the individual work plans of other team members, especially consultants and interns.
- Provide guidance to Friends organizations, (‘committees’) partnership managers, and other staff on online fundraising and digital campaigns.
- Work closely with Communications, Advocacy, and Marketing team to ensure integrated communication and fundraising programme across all online media.
- Work with IT colleagues and other stakeholders to ensure systems are fit for purpose, and appropriately supported.
- Other as required.
QUALIFICATION & EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Education: Advanced University degree in Political Science, International Development, Development Economics, Marketing Communications or other relevant fields, or First University degree with additional years of related work experience and/or training/ courses.
- Minimum 5 years professional experience in a marketing, fundraising, communications or sales role, of which, at least three years are in a digital fundraising role. Preference will be given to candidates with international fundraising experience.
- Demonstrable expertise in email and digital marketing, including proven ability in donor/supporter conversion and development.
- Experience in donor acquisition through SEO, paid search and other digital channels.
- Ability to lead the development of compelling digital fundraising content that converts readers to action-takers.
- Experience and knowledge of individual giving/marketing programmes and the different techniques used for acquisition and retaining loyal individuals donors, moving them through a donor journey through different channels.
- A good knowledge of a range techniques including face to face, digital, mail, telemarketing, and DRTV.
- Ability to meet and prioritize multiple deadlines and work as part of a multi-disciplinary team in a fast-paced, high-pressure environment.
- Excellent written and oral communications skills and technological literacy.
- Ability to work in multicultural settings that involve a large number of stakeholders.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Resourcefulness, initiative, a maturity of judgment and tact.
- Creative asset design and in-depth knowledge of web and mobile technologies a plus.
- Experience of having worked in both marketing and not for profits environments.
- Experience in managing external creative agencies and suppliers.
- Strong project management skills including planning and schedule creation.
- Fluency in oral and written English
- Intermediate knowledge of another official UN language (Arabic, Chinese, French, Russian and Spanish) or Portuguese (one of WFP’s working languages).