The Private Sector Partnerships Division (PGP), World Food Programme is looking for a motivated individual to join our team with a specific focus on managing activation of the Mastercard partnership in key European markets.
The private sector is uniquely qualified to play a leadership role in ending hunger. Some of the largest and most respected brands in the world are helping achieve zero hunger by enabling WFP to strengthen operations, reach more people, fund lifesaving programs and build public support. They choose to partner with WFP because of WFP’s reach, scale and track record to create innovative partnerships that leverage their unique strengths and create lasting impact.
The Private Sector Partnership Manager will performing the below listed activities:
- Manage a portfolio of European markets activating under the global Mastercard partnership, including growing existing cause marketing campaigns and guiding activation in newer markets – both with a focus on maximising return on investment and resources raised for WFP;
- Oversee UK-based accounts such as Unilever and Tilda;
- Where appropriate, identify new private sector prospects by leveraging networks and existing relationships with companies in European markets in order to contribute to the Europe growth strategy;
- Develop presentations, craft partnership concepts and create impact reports in coordination with WFP technical units and field operations;
- Handle complex sales processes and negotiate advantageous contributions;
- Manage fundraising efforts and initiatives including, but not limited to cause-related marketing campaigns, emergency appeals and employee fundraising campaigns;
- Gather and analyse information about donor policies, trends and preferences;
- Forecast levels of donor contributions based on systematic gathering and updating of relevant information;
- Liaise with in-house services to ensure proper fund management, grant registrations and fulfilment of contractual obligations;
- Manage, coach and provide guidance to an intern and other junior staff;
- Provide private sector partnership updates for WFP publications and website and draft communication plans as needed.
Qualifications & Experience Required
- Education: Advanced University Degree in Business Administration, Management, Marketing or International Relations.
- Experience: At least 7 years’ experience in fundraising, marketing/sales and account management is essential. Knowledge of humanitarian/development sector a plus.
Technical Skills & Knowledge:
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in English language are a must.
- Very good analytical, negotiation, communication and advocacy skills.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, develop, plan and manage sales processes.
- Computer skills in Office applications: proficiency in Word, PowerPoint and Excel.
- Strong proven experience in Cause Related Marketing campaigns.
- Ability to handle multiple projects/tasks within deadlines and work independently.
- Ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural environment and international organization is essential.
Language: Fluency in oral and written English. Knowledge of a second language (particularly French, German or Spanish) is desirable.