CTG stands for Committed To Good. With an ethical approach at the heart of all that we do, it is a description that makes us proud. Respect for the fundamental human rights of our staff, and those our staff encounter, is a cornerstone of our values. We strive for gender equality, inclusion and diversity, providing fair and equal opportunities for all. We take a zero tolerance approach to corruption and stay true to local labour laws and all local statutory requirements.
In operation since 2006, today we are honoured to serve clients in 15 fragile and conflict-affected states assisting with disaster relief, peace building, humanitarian aid and development programmes through our specialised recruitment, HR management and operational services.
Overview of position
We are looking to hire for multiple positions under upcoming projects with our client in Afghanistan. Working with the Project Manager, Security Coordinators and Regional Engineers, the Logistics Coordinator will oversee and manage the logistics operations activities of the project with regards to requirements of the project for: premises (contracting, rehabilitating and maintaining), ground and air transportation, inventory, records keeping, movement of equipment and stores, petty cash accounting and disbursements.
Under the overall supervision of the UN agency’s CO Representative/OIC, the incumbent will work in close collaboration with implementing partners, other agencies and field personnel to coordinate logistics support for the UN agency’s operations and ensure effective management of supplies at the central and peripheral levels (including management systems to record, track and report receipt, storage, refrigeration, transportation and distribution of all UN agency’s goods.)
For the Admin and Finance Officers:
Under the overall supervision of the requesting UN agency’s CO Representative/OIC, the incumbent provides overall financial, travel, human resources and general administrative support. S/he contributes to building capacity and ensuring effective and efficient support and monitoring of resources.
For the Logistics Coordinator:
Preparation of logistics plans to support all relevant operations within the assigned project(s);
- Establish and maintain project offices sufficient to support their needs and in full compliance with applicable security regulations;
- Oversee recruitment of stores’ handling Personnel and office support Personnel as required by our client in respective Country of Service;
- Coordination of the timely payments to all Personnel under direct supervision;
- Assistance in provision of logistics support to other our client Personnel by arranging land and air-travel including arrangement of security clearance for daily/weekly missions;
- Maintenance of equipment’ inventory;
- Management of programme and project transport requirements; assign duties to drivers ensuring timely services, issuing fuel, recording log-books and maintenance and repair/recovery of vehicles;
- Ensure that regular radio reporting procedures are maintained consistent with local security measures;
- Maintenance of accurate stores records and accounts through sound audit and stock-take procedures;
- Performance of any other duties as required by our client's designated manager.
For the Logistics Officer:
Rapid Assessments/Field Visits
- As appropriate, participate in joint field assessments or undertake the UN agency’s specific field visits/assessment missions to gain a better understanding of existing logistics infrastructure, warehousing facilities, health facilities and distribution systems. Programme Implementation and Coordination
- Mobilize supplies to the affected areas.
- Identify possible gaps in the logistics pipeline and provide input on how to strengthen the logistics chain (from calculating needs to procurement to actual distribution).
- Develop systems/standard protocols through which the UN agency’s CO/Sub-office can operate, manage and forecast its emergency commodity needs (e.g.: transportation, warehousing, distribution channels, contingency plans)
- The incumbent will also provide support in projecting future needs for prepositioning (as appropriate) emergency supplies.
- Liaise with the HQ Humanitarian Logistics Advisor and coordinate with global and country logistics cluster (if activated)
Monitoring and Evaluation
- Establish a monitoring mechanism that takes into consideration warehouse capacity, access, utilization rate, coverage and distribution to track and monitor commodities
- In collaboration with the humanitarian focal point, identify technical capacity of health or other facilities and personnel to utilize emergency kits
- Undertake monitoring visits to ensure proper storage, distribution, and utilization of emergency supplies Track the receipt and distribution of all commodities and supplies
- Liaising/Coordination with Partner Agencies
- Liaise with humanitarian stakeholders working in relevant sectors/Clusters, such as Health, WASH, Protection, Logistics, Camp Management, Education, etc. to ensure inclusion of commodities specific to the UN agency’s mandate.
- Establish partnerships with agencies that have broader logistics capacity than the UN agency’s in order to facilitate movement of the UN agency’s commodities.
For the Admin and Finance Officers:
Monitoring of financial resources:
- Assess financial and administrative capacity during the crisis.
- Assess the banking/ERP systems and modalities for the cash flow.
- Prepare contracts for additional personnel.
- Manage and monitor the expenditures.
- Provide advice on all aspects of financial rules and regulations.
- Clear all financial related correspondence.
- Provide assistance in the preparation of assets and liabilities and balance sheet statements with reports and the related working papers.
- Assess the need of extra finance and admin personnel to assist the country office.
- Review year-end closure activities and preparation of financial statements.
- Review and process all travel requests for funds availability against budgets. Provide guidance to personnel responsible for preparation of travel requests.
- Ensures tickets and DSAs are received on time. Prepares and submits claims forms and mission reports upon completion of travel.
- Orient Country Office personnel on ERP and finance related issues
- Assess and monitor procurement tasks and other administrative matters.
- Interpret the UN administrative rules and regulations and provide guidance to the
- Identify ways in which the administrative needs can be met within existing policies.
- Perform other duties as required by the requesting UN agency’s Representative and personnel assigned to the CO.
- The Logistics Coordinator will report directly to our client designated manager and will be providing regular progress Situation Reports and will prepare information notes and updates as required by our client's designated manager.
- The Logistics Officer: Provide regular updates on the UN agency’s commodities and supplies management for inclusion in donor reports and OCHA SitReps.