UN Women, grounded in the vision of equality enshrined in the Charter of the United Nations, works for the elimination of discrimination against women and girls; the empowerment of women; and the achievement of equality between women and men as partners and beneficiaries of development, human rights, humanitarian action and peace and security.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the Operations Manager, the Procurement Analyst ensures execution of transparent and efficient procurement services and processes consistent with UN Women rules and regulations. The Procurement Analyst promotes a client-focused, quality and results- oriented approach and support: (i) compliance with UN Women policies and regulations; (ii) effective systems to support programme delivery and growth; (iii) accountability to organizational values and principles; and (iv) an enabling workplace environment in which staff potential is maximized.
The Procurement Analyst works in close collaboration with the Operations, Programme and projects staff in UN Women Country Office and Projects. She/he also works in collaboration with operations staff in other UN Agencies, UN Women Country Offices (CO) and Multi-Country Offices (MCO), UN Women Regional Office (RO) and HQ staff and Government officials to successfully deliver procurement services.
Duties and Responsibilities
Summary of Key Functions:
- Administration and implementation of operational strategies.
- Organization of procurement processes.
- Implementation of sourcing strategy, review of PRC submissions and review & issuance of Contracts.
- Provide Administrative and Procurement Support to the CO’s Programme Team and Implementing Partners.
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing.
Ensures administration and implementation of the operational strategies focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Full compliance of procurement activities with UN Women rules, regulations, policies and strategies; implementation of the effective internal control, proper functioning of a client-oriented procurement management system.
- Elaboration of proposals and implementation of cost saving and reduction strategies in consultation with office management.
- Provision of researched information for formulation and implementation of strategic procurement in the CO including tendering processes and evaluation, contract management, legal considerations and payment conditions, sourcing strategy, supplier selection and evaluation & quality management.
Organizes procurement processes for CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Review and consolidation of the procurement plans for the office and monitoring of their implementation.
- Organization of competitive and complex procurement processes for the CO including preparation and conduct of RFQs, ITBs or RFPs, receipt of quotations, bids or proposals, evaluation, negotiation of certain conditions of contracts in full compliance with UN Women rules and regulations.
- Preparation and issuance of the CO’s long term agreements (LTAs) for goods and services.
- Preparation of Purchase orders and contracts in and outside Atlas and preparation of Recurring Purchase orders for contracting of goods and services. Procurement Buyer profile in Atlas.
- Review of procurement processes conducted by CO and Projects; submissions to the Procurement Review Committee (PRC); Performing as secretariat for the Local PRC.
- Implementation of the internal control system which ensures that Purchase orders are duly prepared and dispatched.
- Presentation of researched information on procurement in the CO.
- Organization of joint procurement processes for the UN Agencies in line with the UN reform.
Ensures implementation of sourcing strategy and preparation of the Institutional and Professional Contracts, focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Development and update of the rosters of suppliers, implementation of supplier selection and evaluation.
- Verification and control of all the supporting documents in respect of the Institutional and Professional Contracts for the CO.
- Ensuring preparation, clearance and issuance of the Institutional and Professional Contracts, in due time.
Provide Administrative and Procurement Support to the CO’s Programme Team and Implementing Partners (IPs), focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Provide Administrative and Procurement Support in the preparation of programme work plans and budgets, as well as the programme implementation arrangements;
- Provide capacity building and trainings on Procurement processes to the Implementing Partners (IPs), as support to program implementation;
- Gather and compile updated data and information for the procurement policies and guidelines;
- Support the Programme team in procurement data tracking and reporting.
Ensures facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing in the CO focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Organization of trainings for the operations/ projects staff on Procurement;
- Synthesis of lessons learnt and best practices in Procurement;
- Sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice.
Impact of Results:
The key results have an impact on the efficiency of the unit. Accurate analysis and presentation of information, thoroughly researched and fully documented work strengthens the capacity of the office and facilitates subsequent action by the supervisor. Incumbent’s own initiative is decisive in results of work and timely finalization.
- Understands the main processes and methods of work regarding to the position;
- Possesses basic knowledge of organizational policies and procedures relating to the position and applies them consistently in work tasks;
- Organizes and prioritizes work schedule to meet client needs and deadlines;
- Establishes, builds and sustains effective relationships within the work unit and with internal and external clients;
- Presentation of information on best practices in organizational change;
- Data gathering and implementation of management systems;
- Maintaining information and databases;
- Gathering and disseminating information;
- Basic research and analysis.
Required Skills and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Administration, Commerce, Business Management, or any other related field.
- Professional trainings in procurement, such as CIPS certificates, or similar is a valued asset.
- Minimum of four (4) years of experience in Procurement, Administration, Logistics, or any related field.
- Proficiency in using computers and standard office software packages (MS Word, Excel, etc) and advance knowledge of spreadsheet and database packages.
- Experience in Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems will be considered a valued asset.
Language Requirements: Fluency in English and Arabic is required.