Procurement and Supply Chain Specialist
FHI 360, Nepal
Closing Date for Applications:
Responsible for all necessary procurement and supply chain management of HIV commodities (STI, OI and HIV drugs, HIV test kits, and clinic supplies) for LINKAGES Nepal and provide technical support on logistics to the National HIV Program. Procurement and Supply Chain Specialist will work closely with National Center for AIDS and STD Control (NCASC) and other counterparts at relevant divisions and centers of MOHP responsible for procurement and supply chain management of HIV drugs, reagents and other commodities.
- Provide support on logistics related to HIV commodities to the LINKAGES Nepal project
- Assess logistics and procurement needs, pre-position supplies to achieve program objectives.
- Ensure compliance with FHI 360, USAID and other relevant donor procurement policies.
- Liaise with the Program, Technical and SI Units to ensure procurement of appropriate formulations and strength.
- Ensure use of standard documentation and timely reporting for program inventories.
- Contribute to monthly, quarterly and annual reports as needed.
- Set-up and maintain procurement and logistics files, assuring that all required documentation/approvals are in the files.
- Provide all necessary procurement and logistical support relating to HIV commodities (STI, OI and HIV Drugs, HIV test Kits and clinic supplies) to field programs.
- Prepare necessary documentation (purchase request letters and requests for waiver) for approval to purchase PEPFAR- and USAID-funded and other donor-funded pharmaceuticals, test kits and related commodities.
- Manage procurement from international suppliers including customs clearance, import duties.
- Oversee supply chain management. This includes, overseeing warehousing and distribution and ensuring that commodities are supplied in timely fashion (according to program timelines) with adequate shelf-life at time of supply, and storage and transport conditions are met (cold chain monitoring etc.)
- Conduct supportive supervision in LINKAGES Nepal supported service delivery sites, train staff on logistic management of HIV commodities and provide onsite coaching
- Maintain HIV Commodities tracking database for the LINKAGES Nepal.
- Work with the SI unit to monitor the impact of any impending disasters on supply chain security.
- Coordinate with MOHP and Save the Children for securing supply of HIV commodities for LINKAGES Nepal
- Represent the FHI 360 Nepal on the National Logistics task force at NCASC or other department under MOHP responsible for logistic management of HIV and STI-related commodities
- Coordinate with MOHP and provide support for Tenofovir+ Lamivudine +Dolutegravir (TLD) transition, implementation of multi-month dispensing (MMD) and logistics management of community-based ART centers
- In close coordination and collaboration with MOHP and all other key HIV/AIDS stakeholders, provide technical assistance to strengthen the national logistics system for HIV/AIDS commodities particularly in the areas of procurement, forecasting and LMIS
- Master’s degree in a health-related field or business administration with at least five years’ experience in procurement and supply chain management or a bachelor’s degree with at least seven years of related experience in health-related field or business administration is preferred.
- Pharmacology and/or experience of working in a pharmaceutical company or in government commodities supply chain management will be an asset.
- Familiarity and experience in health supply chain management in Nepal
- Demonstrated flexibility and openness in responding to PEPFAR and USAID work priorities and deadlines
- Knowledge of USAID procurement and contracting regulations
- Ability to work in teams and create collaborative team building environment