World Food Programme, Cox's Bazaar, Bangladesh
Closing Date for Applications:
The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
The position of Procurement Assistant will assist the procurement unit to to perform and apply appropriate processes, procedures and policies that support the efficient and effective procurement services.
To perform and apply appropriate processes, procedures and policies that support the efficient and effective procurement services.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive)
- Perform administrative procurement activities in a timely and efficient manner, to support Professional staff in the acquisition of goods and services for efficient field operations.
- Compile data, prepare and distribute documents, to support successful procurement programs and operational activities, (e.g. issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts), ensuring standard processes are followed.
- Review, record and prioritise purchasing requests, ensuring all supporting documentation is received, and funding is available, in order to enable the procurement of goods and services.
- Coordinate and monitor the delivery of procurement requisitions, verifying receipt and inspection of deliverables and performing follow up actions to ensure deliveries are made timely.
- Research, collate and present information in standard formats, to enable informed decision making and consistency of information presented to the stakeholders.
- Update, manage and maintain relevant databases and records, to ensure the information is accurate, organised, and available for others to access, and supports reporting requirements.
- Liaise with internal counterparts to support the alignment of procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs.
- Provide technical support and/or allocate work to other support staff, in order to assist them in completing standard tasks to agreed standards and deadlines.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to support WFP to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Any other assigned tasks to be undertaken, in order to assist the supply chain unit.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS
- Education: University degree in Supply Chain/Logistics/ Procurement or related scientific fields related functional area is desirable
- Experience: at least 3 years’ experience to procurement activities.
- Language: Fluency in both oral and written communication in English and Bangla.
- Knowledge & Skills: Fluency in use of Microsoft Office (word, excel etc); experience in using office equipment