United Nations Volunteers, Bangkok, Thailand
Closing Date for Applications:
Minimum age: 22 years old. Applicants must be nationals of or legal residents in the country of assignment.
Description of task
Within the delegated authority and under the supervision of the Administrative Officer or his/her designated mandated representative(s), the UNV Procurement Assistant will:
- Assist in preparing Invitations to Bid (ITB), Requests for Proposals (RFP) and other bidding documents calling for the supply of goods, works and services on competitive basis ensuring full compliance of procurement activities with WHO rules, regulations, policies and strategies;
- Assist in managing bidding processes, bid evaluations and supplier selections;
- Correspond with vendors regarding prices, product availability, and delivery.
- Prepare purchase requisitions and contracts for the review and approval of relevant authorities, in full compliance with WHO regulations and rules;
- Prepare adjudication reports and documents for the Contract Review Committee (CRC)
- Track and update the suppliers’ database, prepare suppliers' performance evaluations, identify and take appropriate action regarding suppliers who repeatedly fail to comply with the terms and conditions of their contracts.
- Work closely with the WHO Global Service Center (GSC), Regional Office and HQ Procurement Teams to follow up on shipments and provide updates on delivery status or delays; resolve any outstanding issues;
- Provide notice of shipment to consignees; prepare claims for lost, damaged or incorrect shipments and assist in obtaining settlements as necessary; coordinate the resolution of claim issues with suppliers concerning their non-compliance with contractual terms and conditions.
- Provide updated information on procurement cases status to relevant colleagues.
- Process the purchase of a variety of commodities for the Organization; analyze purchase authorizations for adequacy of specifications and other requirements; work with domestic and international vendors to provide overall order fulfilment; negotiate and analyze costs; select or recommend sources of supply, as necessary, to ensure effective competition;
- Review bids or quotations; analyze them for conformity to specified requirements and for price, delivery and other considerations such as warranty, maintenance, compatibility, etc.; negotiate with suppliers and award contracts based on considerations of all factors;
- Review and issue purchase orders, contracts and amendments; ensure inclusion of complete and accurate specifications, terms and conditions;
- Prepare justification and analysis reports for procurement to be submitted to the Contract Review Committee (CRC) for approval;
- Contact vendors to obtain product price and availability information to facilitate identification and selection of suppliers, evaluation of specifications; provide technical advice to requisitioners regarding appropriate products, substitutes or alternatives; keep informed of new products and market conditions, etc.;
- Participate in the review, analysis and evaluation of procurement systems for modifications, improvements and streamlining of processes
- Perform any duties, as required by the functional supervisor.
Required degree level: Bachelor degree or equivalent
Education - Additional Comments:
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant area, such as Business Administration.
Required experience: 36 Months
- 3 years at the national level in planning, implementing and monitoring procurement services.
- English(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
- Thai(Mandatory), Level - Fluent
Area of expertise: Procurement and contracting
Driving license: No