Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Description of duties:
- The incumbent works directly under the supervision of the Procurement or Shipping Lead. Guidance is provided in an ongoing manner, team working is through consultation and cooperation.
- Repetitive or routine elements of the works are carried out independently.
List of main duties/responsibilities of work in order of importance.
- The incumbent carries out transactional processing of purchase requests for goods and services.
- During the process, the incumbent validates the purchase requests received and if they meet the validation criteria, turns them into purchase orders and approves them or submits them for approval.
- In case the request is incomplete or contains errors that the incumbent cannot correct, the request will be returned by the incumbent to the originator for corrections and re-submission.
- Following the creation of the Purchase Order (PO) for goods, the incumbent proceeds to create the shipping PO for the forwarding company.
- The incumbent may approve PO up to her/his authorized limit, currently set at USD 20,000 for G5.
- Beyond this limit, the PO will be forwarded to the more senior procurement staff for approval, based on the approval hierarchy set up in GSM. Once approved, the incumbent identifies her/his PO and picks it from the GSC/GPL mailbox and sends it out to suppliers and follows up with supplier to receive the acknowledgement copy, files it in Enterprise Content Management (ECM) and updates the end to end view in Global Management System (GSM).
- The incumbent is also responsible for entering receipt in GSM for goods shipped by the forwarding company or for counter-signed global contracts of services.
- If a revision to the PO is required, the incumbent will amend the PO and approve or submit it for re-approval.
- The approval process for the revised PO is the same as the original PO.
- The incumbent assists in the GSM period/biennium closure procedures and reporting, as required.
- The incumbent participates in working groups in order to improve standard operation procedures in the service centre and participates in policy working groups when required, working together with team and counterparts to implement new policies.
- The incumbent assists in administrative tasks, e.g. report preparation, statistics extract, mails handling, etc.
- Other duties as required.
- Completion of secondary school or equivalent formal education/qualification.
- Certified training in procurement or a related subject area.
- Ability to work independently;
- Ability to use computer systems pertaining to the treatment and processing of procurement such as the WHO Global Management System (GSM);
- Ability to handle and prioritize a high volume of notifications, transactions and reporting needs.
- Knowledge of best practices of procurement or other leading procurement entity;
- Knowledge of procurement procedures of WHO;
- Technical knowledge of types of supplies and goods purchased by WHO for Headquarters, Regional Offices and field projects.
- At least 5 years of relevant work experience (in processing, transactions, service centre or other business), of which at least 2 years exposure to procurement activities or;
- 4 years with a first level University Degree or;
- 3 years with an Advanced University Degree.
- Advanced knowledge and experience using Oracle e-business suite and/or similar ERP systems.
- Excellent knowledge of English, both written and spoken.
- This vacancy is open to candidates in the local commuting area.
- Only candidates under serious consideration will be contacted.
- Other similar positions at the same level may be filled from this Vacancy Notice; including those of a temporary nature for a period of 12 months.
- A written test may be used for screening purposes.
Other benefits include:
- 30 days annual leave, child allowance, pension plan and medical insurance.
- Annual salary ranges from MYR40,877 to MYR51,777 depending on qualifications, skills, and experience.
How To Apply:
- If you are Interested kindly use the following link to apply: https://erecruit.who.int/public/hrd-cl-vac-view.asp?o_c=1000&jobinfo_uid_c=33771&vaclng=en