Background Information - Job-specific
UNOPS in Pakistan has signed a contract with International Narcotics and Law Enforcement Affairs (INL) for construction of women hostels. The project title is “Infrastructure for Enhancement of Gender Equality and Rule of Law in Pakistan”. This project will be implemented with 2 Police forces in Pakistan namely Sindh Police and National Highways and Motorway Police (NH&MP). The total project duration is 36 months. The beneficiaries will be female trainees recruited to Sindh Police and NH&MP and women at large through greater access to rule of law.
Under the guidance and direct supervision of the functional supervisor, the Procurement & Logistics Assistant is responsible for providing administrative support in the management of a variety of procurement and contracting processes and /transactions for goods, services and works for the Business Unit.
- Administrative Procurement Support Services
- Client Services
- Logistics and Asset management Support
- Facilitation of knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Administrative Procurement Support Services
Provides a variety of specialized and non-specialized transactional support services, ensuring consistency and quality of work steps completed, as well as optimal information flow:
- Assist in drafting bidding documents, evaluation reports and contract award submissions, ensuring consistency in format and content.
- Process procurement transactions in UNOPS’ corporate system OneUNOPS;
- Assist in the preparation of Purchase Orders, Contracts, LTAs or their Amendments.
- Process invoices for goods and services delivered ensuring accuracy and completeness of documentation and timely payment. Follow up to completion and inform clients.
- Monitor expenditures against allocations.
- Receive, review, log and route incoming communication and procurement requests/invoices.
- Prepare reports, tables, charts etc. applying technical skills and knowledge in formatting and presentations.
- Prepare Statistics and reports, including on Procurement volume.
- Undertake routine follow up action on procurement on behalf of the supervisor;
- Publish procurement advertisements and awards.
- Maintain status reports on procurement activities and work in progress
- Actively work with clients to provide and exchange information on a variety of issues in procurement processes and transactions, to deliver correct and timely services.
- Provide standardized procurement services, guidance and information to staff of the Business Unit on routine processes and procedures
Ensures provision of reliable logistics and asset management support, namely:
- Proper maintenance and safe and secure storage of all office equipment and property;
- Preparing accurate inventory lists and adequate property records for the office as well as for projects.
- Careful monitoring of the movement of equipment into and within the area of responsibility; Implementation of an equipment management and accounting system for all equipment and properties managed by the office, in accordance with UNOPS equipment policy;
- Processing of supply requisitions for office premises;
- Assistance with timely and effective customs clearance
- Administering the receipt of goods and equipment for the office, inspection and report preparation
Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
Undertake routine follow up action on procurement QA or Knowledge Management issues on behalf of the supervisor and inform supervisor of status.
Administratively supports the organization and delivery of training and learning initiatives for personnel on procurement
Impact of Results
The effective and successful achievement of results by the Procurement Assistant affect the work the work completion of the relevant business unit/s, project activities, procurement and contract management support services, impacting the timely and effective implementation of the respective services and deliverables. This ensures client satisfaction and promotes the image and credibility of the team and Business Unit as an effective service provider in project services and management. This enhances UNOPS' competitive position as a partner of choice in sustainable development and project services in the country/region served.
- Completion of secondary school is required.
- First University Degree in Business Administration, Public Administration, Procurement or equivalent disciplines is desirable but not required
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant experience in procurement support services in national or international public or corporate organizations.
- Experience in working with a range of stakeholders in developing countries.
- Some experience in UN system organizations is desirable.
- Proficiency in computers and office software packages (MS Office) and experience in handling of web-based management systems is required.
- Experience in use of Enterprise systems including OneUNOPS is desirable
- Full working knowledge of English and one or more of the local languages is required.
- Knowledge of a second UN or regional working language is an asset.