Creative Associates International is a dynamic, fast-growing global development firm that specializes in education, economic growth, democratic institutions, and stabilization. Based in Washington, D.C., Creative has a field presence in more than 25 countries with a strong client portfolio that includes the U.S. Agency for International Development and the State Department, among others. Since its founding in 1977, Creative has earned a solid reputation among its clients and is well-regarded by competitors and partners alike.
Creative Associates seeks a Procurement Manager for an upcoming USAID-funded program in Egypt. The anticipated Building Egypt's Skilled Workforce (BESWF) activity will focus on interventions aimed at achieving the following results: 1) Modernizing and improving the quality of Egypt's technical and vocational education and training (TVET) system in order to develop the technical skills and capabilities demanded by a globally competitive private sector; 2) Improving human resource management at the firm level and ensuring strong private sector engagement with the TVET system to maximize employment opportunities for graduates; and 3) Improving the enabling environment through employment and labor market policy reform to address inefficiencies at local and national levels.
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for reviewing overall procurement processes to ensure compliance with Creative policy and procedures, tracking procurement of goods and services through the procurement cycle, ensuring that adequate competition is achieved for procurements, providing regular procurement mentoring to project staff to support project implementation, and coordinating with Creative HQ Procurement
Reporting and Supervision:
The Procurement Manager will report to the Deputy Chief of Party of Operations with a dotted line relationship to Creative HQ Procurement.
- Establish, lead, and implement procurement processes and logistics to support activity implementation for the project, strictly following all rules and regulations including:
- Creative Procurement policies and procedures
- ADS (Automated Directive System)
- FAR (Federal Acquisition Regulations)
- CFR (U.S. Code of Federal Regulations)
- AAPD (Acquisition & Assistance Policy Directive)
- Local Egyptian Law
- Manage procurement and logistics team;
- Train and mentor staff in procurement policies and process;
- Work with Project Technical team to prepare the annual Project Procurement Plans to maximize efficiency and coordination in the procurement of goods and services;
- Conduct market research for each type of procurement and maintain a data base of vendors and items commonly needed by the project;
- Determine the most reasonable and expeditious process for procurement in compliance with Creative policies and procedures and USAID regulations;
- Prepare and issue solicitation documents based on approved requisition received;
- Provide clarifications to all vendors when required and prepare and issue solicitation modification when applicable;
- Ensure confidentiality throughout procurement and vendor selection process;
- Facilitate the evaluation process for each solicitation according Creative's procurement policy;
- Ensure proper documentation of the selection of vendors using the Creative's official templates;
- Lead negotiations with vendors;
- Prepare and issue Purchase Orders or Sub-Contracts;
- Draft, negotiate and manage Short-term Technical Assistance Consultancy Agreements, Fixed Price Service Agreements, and subcontracts;
- Verify quality and quantity of products according to the context and/or needs of the beneficiary, community, and/or Project ensuring proper documentation of the delivery;
- Process payment for vendors verifying invoices are consistent with Purchases Orders;
- Review all payment requests for ongoing subcontracts and make sure that all the required forms are appropriately and consistently filled out and requested before being submitted to finance;
- Ensure procurement files comply with Creative's policies and procedures; and
- Prepare procurement reports on monthly basis.
Required Skills and Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in business management, procurement or logistic; Master's degree preferred;
- At least six (6) years of experience with project implementation, managing logistics and procurement, preferably in Egypt; minimum of three years working in international development;
- Solid understanding of donor regulations and procedures pertaining to acquisitions;
- Demonstrated ability to perform complex tasks and to prioritize multiple projects;
- Ability to analyze budget line items for compliance with budget guidelines;
- Proven records maintenance and database management skills; and
- Speaking, writing and reading fluency in English and Arabic required.