Save the Children , Niamey, Niger
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for the overall supply chain strategy for Save The Children (SCI) -NIGER, to increase the reach of programs through efficient and optimized models, as needed varying according to the context across the five advanced bases.
He / She will ensure that while increasing the efficiency and optimization of the supply chain, Save the Children Niger is able to manage costs effectively while delivering high quality products and services. our programs, and that all procurement processes comply with SCI and donor requirements.
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for managing a team of buyers with annual purchases of up to USD $ 10M. He / She should support the implementation of all SCI procurement policies and controls within their sphere of influence; provide technical support and advice to SCI Niger sites on their supply chain strategies; ensure that tools are suitable for use in all SCI Niger offices and field contexts and that field offices have access to tools and systems to manage the demands of their appropriate logistics supply chains; support the professionalization of supply chain personnel through SCI Niger in cooperation with internal and external actors across the sector.
This role will also involve consolidating the profile of the supply chain team within the organization, and networking with peers within and outside the sector to develop and understand humanitarian models of procurement. required in the different contexts in which we work. This position will also involve acting as the Head of Supply Chain, and traveling up to 40% of the time in order to fulfill the requirements of this position.
KEY AREAS OF RESPONSIBILITY:
- Consolidate purchasing plans, stimulate and closely monitor the execution of purchase requests in line with these plans
- Identify possibilities for consolidating needs for carrying out bulk purchasing in order to obtain an economy of scale for the organization
- Follow the process of prequalifying suppliers and inclusion in the database
- Follow the process of managing high value purchasing procedures based on the pre-established procurement strategy
- Follow the process of identifying and monitoring FWA (frame work agreement) and PSL (Prefer supplier list)
- Conduct RFP processes for high purchasing or FWA implementation.
- Follow the process of negotiation and contracting with suppliers in order to obtain benefits and ensure compliance with the principle of "value for money", report this profit.
- Follow the supplier and contract management process
- Review and validate the files of other field offices in connection with procurement
- “Flying” support to field offices in the management of value procurement processes / high risk (formal rating)
- Manage and / or escalate to the hierarchy all complaints from suppliers, users of the purchasing unit as well as those involved in Procurement.
- Ensure that information on purchases is regularly shared and at each request by the Hierarchy
- Review and consolidate purchasing monitoring reports
- Ensure good collaboration with the purchasing unit with the other departments of SCI Niger
- Ensure the management of the purchasing unit staff (capacity building, induction, performance monitoring and evaluation)
- Ensure that its teams as well as the performance of the purchasing unit are regularly assessed and proposing improvement measures
- Ensure an optimum and adequate distribution of tasks within the purchasing unit.
- Ensure adequate management of the archiving of supply chain documents, both physical and electronic, and carry out regular checks on the entire mission.
- Ensure that all mission procurement and procurement documents are regularly placed on the WCA Sharepoint
- The incumbent will comply with all Save the Children policies and procedures regarding the protection of children, procurement policy, safety and security, code of conduct, equal opportunities and other internal policies.
- Attends and participates in training identified or organized by the hierarchical superior.
- Follows all new procedures or orientation put in place by means of circular approved and signed by management and official communication.
- Assumes all tasks that may be assigned by his hierarchical superior
QUALIFICATIONS, EXPERIENCES :
- Be of Nigerien nationality
- Have a Masters in Logistics, Supply Chain or similar level of qualification or experience
- Have experience demonstrated successfully in development and the implementation of Logistics and the strategy of a global supply chain.
- Ability to develop and understand the strategy of working with contracts (Framework agreements)
- Have experience in international purchasing
- Have the ability to review procedure manuals and organize training if necessary.
- Have field experience in the complex management of supplies for development or emergency NGOs.
- Have knowledge of the procedures and requirements of donors such as DFID, ECHO, USAID, etc.
- Have a good analytical skills, results oriented, ability to work under pressure
- Have advanced computer skills (Word, Excel, Power Point, internet);
- Have at least 2 years of experience in humanitarian procurement
- Knowledge of spoken and written English is an asset. (French required)
- Have good communication and teamwork skills
- Have a good knowledge of child protection;
- Be committed to owning the values of Save the Children