FHI 360 , Abuja, Nigeria
Closing Date for Applications:
With the Senior Procurement Officer, plan and implement systems and policies that guide all operations related to procuring supplies and services (in accordance with FHI360 policy, USAID policy and other donor policies) in support of all FHI360 offices and projects at CO and field offices, both domestic and international sourcing.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Participate in the negotiation of contract terms on a range of procurements and monitor delivery of exact specifications.
- Implement procurement policy and systems for FHI procurement at CO and field office level.
- Undertake tendering, evaluation, placement and monitoring of a portfolio of Country Office and Field Offices procurement.
- Support the planning and coordination of central procurement activities of FHI with CO and Zones, including storage and delivery.
- Assist in the training of staff at the zonal level in procurement rules and processes and record keeping.
- Monitor procurement processes and compliance with FHI procedures at CO and field level.
- Coordinate formal bids and request for proposal (RFPs).
- Review and assist in the development of specifications, terms and schedules.
- Prepare specifications, compare bids received and present recommendations on purchases to management
- Prepare specifications required for various supplies and make them available to suppliers.
- Adhere to all FHI required procurement budgets, FHI and donor purchasing guidelines, policies and controls on procurement.
- Solicit and negotiate competitive pricing from vendors and make recommendations for issuance of purchase orders.
- Drive continuous improvement in all aspects of the procurement process
- Maintain procurement files and other documentations.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Knowledge, skills and abilities:
- Ability to work with others and to develop and maintain compatibility among project staff, subcontractors, and recipients of assistance.
- Ability to research and evaluate technical proposal and make appropriate recommendation.
- Ability to comprehend and make inferences from technical materials and equipment.
- Demonstrated knowledge in pricing, contracts negotiations, policies and procedures.
- Technical understanding of office and other mechanical and electrical equipment.
- Good analytical, numerical and problem solving skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office applications such as MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- Work independently with initiative to manage high volume work flow.
- Perform detail-oriented work with a high level of accuracy.
- Interact with diplomacy and tact and follow-up on requests in timely and efficient manner.
- Must exhibit high levels of professionalism, integrity and ethical values at all times.
- Record keeping, report preparation, filing methods and records management techniques.
- Excellent written, oral and interpersonal communication skills with ability to work as a team member.
- Ability to travel a minimum of 25%.
Qualifications and requirements:
- BSc. in relevant field with 3 – 5 years of relevant procurement experience.
- Or MSc. in relevant field with 1 – 3 years relevant procurement experience.
- Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Familiarity with donor-funded procurement rules and regulations (experience with USAID procurement a plus)
This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties. This document should not be construed in any way to represent a contract of employment. Management reserves the right to review and revise this document at any time.