The United Nations World Food Programme is the world's largest humanitarian agency fighting hunger worldwide. The mission of WFP is to help the world achieve Zero Hunger in our lifetimes. Every day, WFP works worldwide to ensure that no child goes to bed hungry and that the poorest and most vulnerable, particularly women and children, can access the nutritious food they need.
WHY WORK AT WFP?
SAVING & CHANGING LIVES:
- Make a difference the world will notice.
- We are driven by our mission to fight world hunger and feed people’s dreams of a brighter future.
- Build bridges that unite people across the world.
- Being part of a global, diverse and multicultural community like WFP, will continuously expose you to new ideas and perspectives.
- How we deliver our mission in deep respect for personal and cultural differences and close collaboration between every member of our global team, will certainly enrich your experience and knowledge on so many levels.
- Unlock possibilities you never thought you'd find.
- WFP goes anywhere it is needed and does whatever it takes to get the job done.
- Reach beyond yourself and discover your true potential.
- WFP offers the kind of life-changing experiences you’re unlikely find in many other organizations.
At WFP Regional Bureau in Cairo, we provide strategic and technical guidance to WFP operations in 17 countries: Algeria, Armenia, Egypt, Iran, Iraq, Jordan, Kyrgyzstan, Lebanon, Libya, Morocco, Palestine, Syria, Sudan, Tajikistan, Tunisia, Turkey and Yemen.
We are looking for an enthusiastic Procurement Officer to collect, analyse and report on information to maximise efficiency of supply chain operations and activities and help in developing different procurement strategies.
The successful candidate will be working closely with a more experienced professional staff member receiving guidance and regular feedback on work performed, and heavily engaged into day-to-day supply chain operations.He/She will be exposed to regional markets performing different international procurement tasks/duties.
If you're intertested to be part of a fast moving deadline driven team and you are interested to bring your leadership skills and logical thinking to save lives, please do not hesitate to apply.
KEY ACCOUNTABILITIES (not all-inclusive):
- Support procurement programs and operational activities, (e.g. issue tenders, evaluate offers and negotiate/award contracts), following standard processes and contributing to successful procurement of food and non-food commodities or services.
- Contribute to analysis of data to provide recommendations for process improvement.
- Collate data and contribute to preparation of accurate and timely reports of procurement activities, to contribute to a WFP wide view that enables informed decision making and consistency of information presented to stakeholders, leading to performance optimization.
- Support auditing of procurement activities by collating the necessary information for recommendations to be responded to appropriately to ensure conformity with compliance rules.
- Work in close collaboration with internal counterparts to align procurement activities with wider programmes and ensure a coherent approach to meeting food assistance needs.
- Support training of WFP staff to take a strategic and proactive approach to the procurement of food and non-food commodities and services, for example designing and reviewing training materials.
- Guide and supervise a limited number of more junior staff, acting as a point of referral and supporting them with simple analysis and queries.
- Follow standard emergency preparedness practices to ensure WFP is able to quickly respond and deploy food and needed resources to affected areas at the onset of the crisis.
- Act in an assigned emergency response capacity as required to meet emergency food assistance needs.
- Other as required.
STANDARD MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
- Education: Advanced University degree in Economics, Commerce, Business Administration, Engineering, Legal or Accounting or other relevant field, or First University degree with an additional relevant work experience and/or training/courses.
- Experience: At least 3 years of professional work experience in a leading posiiton.
- Language: Fluency) in both oral and written English and arabic languages.