Leads the development and implementation of procurement and contracting strategies for goods, services and works, focusing on achievement of the following results:
Appropriate application of UNOPS procurement governance framework (rules, regulations, policies and tools) in Business Unit and Project operations.
Provision of supply-market intelligence and analysis.
Procurement strategies, approaches and plans designed and implemented according to cost reduction and saving strategies, applying:
Expertise in market intelligence matched to business requirements;
Optimal Stakeholder management principles;
Appropriate work processes to individual cases.
Oversight and supervision of the implementation and results of strategic and routine procurement work plans in Business Unit, covering Pre-Purchasing: Strategy and Planning; Requirements Definition; Sourcing; Purchasing: Solicitation; Management of Submissions; Evaluation; Review and Award; Post Purchasing: Contract finalization and issuance; Logistics; and Contract Management.
Manage and guide procurement processes for the acquisition of goods, services and the construction of works for the Business Unit, focusing on achievement of the following results, in compliance with theofficial procurement policies, rules, regulations and procedures:
- Prepare tender documents such as SHOPPING, RFQ, ITB or RFP and other instruments related to market research or market survey such as RFI, EOI and Pre-Qualification;
- Provide guidance to the Projects on procurement processes, procurement timelines, evaluation methodologies, and the full range of possible procurement issues;
- Prepare case presentation for review and recommendation by appropriate review bodies, explaining the nature and purpose of the requirement, the procurement process undertaken, the recommendations and basis for award;
- Ensure full compliance to the Financial Regulations and Rules of UNOPS and its Procurement Manual;
- Support the Procurement Unit in the implementation of effective internal controls while ensuring client-oriented service;
- Support the Procurement Unit in the management of requirements, focusing on the analysis of procurement plans and elaboration of appropriate procurement strategies;
- Maintain status reports on procurement activities.
- Develop and maintain a monitoring tools that would give the projects a summary of its outstanding contracts: the start and expiry dates, the not-to-exceed amounts or contract price, the POs obligated for payment, and such other information that the projects need to be aware of for proper contract management;
- Review of bid documents, contracts and/or purchase orders as well as results of evaluation of bids/proposals and other formal/public documents;
- Review of LCPC/HQCPC case submissions as well as all subsequent response to queries;
Ensure introduction and implementation of sourcing strategy and e-procurement tools focusing on achievement of the following results:
- Creation, development and management of rosters of suppliers, elaboration of supplier selection and evaluation, quality and performance measurement mechanisms.
- Ensures that the e-sourcing tools are used in accordance with PG goals and standards in this area.
- Facilitate the engagement and provision of high quality results and services of the team supervised through effective recruitment, work planning, performance management, coaching, and promotion of learning and development.
- Provide oversight, ensuring compliance by team members with existing policies and best practices.
- Knowledge building and Knowledge sharing
- Organize, facilitate and/or deliver training and learning initiatives for Business Unit personnel on Procurement-related topics.
- Lead and conduct initiatives on capacity development and knowledge building for procurement personnel, including network development, plans, learning plans and activities, procurement practice information and best practice benchmarking.
- Oversee team’s contributions to Procurement knowledge networks and communities of practice including collaborative synthesis of lessons learnt and dissemination of best practices in procurement management.
- Guide team’s collection of feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and utilize productively.
- Performs other related duties as assigned by supervisor.
- First University preferably in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management, Law, Commerce, Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field is required
- Master degree preferably in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management, Law, Commerce, Business Administration, Public Administration, Finance, Economics or related field
- will be considered and may substitute some of the required years of experience.
- For those who do not have a degree in Procurement of Supply Chain Management, Chartered Institute of Supply and Management (CIPS) or similar international Certification, is a distinct advantage.
- Knowledge of UN/ /UNOPS Procurement Rules and Regulations is a distinct advantage.
- A minimum of two (2) years’ professional experience at national or international level, in advising on, implementing policies and/or procedures to deliver a range of complex procurement programmes and services.
- Some experience in UN system organizations, preferably in a developing country, is desirable.
- Experience in the usage of computers and office software packages (MS Office 2003/ Google Docs/Sheet and/or newer versions).
- Full working knowledge of French and English are required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language such as Spanish is an asset.