Background Information - Job-specific
Procurement Group (PG) is based at UNOPS HQ in Copenhagen. It leads the organization’s procurement practice and is responsible for: articulating strategy, policy positions and innovative solutions for procurement at UNOPS; enabling the operationalization and managerial oversight of UNOPS procurement activities through appropriate systems and reports; strengthening the knowledge, skills and career development of procurement practitioners; and leading the implementation of Sustainable Procurement across the organization.
UNOPS emphasizes efficient, transparent, cost-effective and sustainable delivery of goods, services and works, in line with public procurement best practices. On a yearly basis, UNOPS procures approx. USD 1 Bn worth of goods, services and works on behalf of our partners. These include a broad base of categories, including life-saving pharmaceuticals, mine action equipment, vehicles or road construction services. Procurement is decentralized, with approx. 90% done outside HQ in Copenhagen through a global supplier base of +5,000 different vendors / suppliers from +90 countries.
The Procurement Senior Analyst - Supply Chain Risk will be part of the team continuing the development, implementation and expansion of the UNOPS Delivering Responsibility in Vendor Engagement (DRiVE) programme. The overall scope of DRiVE is to ensure that UNOPS vendors operate responsibly and in accordance with high standards of integrity. This is done through a vendor assessment, inspection and corrective action-planning programme, with a particular focus on the associated areas related to human rights, labour rights, ethical conduct, health & safety, sexual exploitation and abuse and environmental responsibility.
DRiVE is part of the Sustainable Procurement team at PG which is responsible for developing and implementing sustainable procurement practices within UNOPS.
The role requires some understanding of procurement and supply chain inspections. In addition, as most suppliers are located outside Denmark, the role includes a possibility for international travel. Travel requirements are estimated at approximately 10-15% of the time after the first 12 months.
The Procurement Senior Analyst - Supply Chain Risk will report to PG’s Supply Chain Risk Officer and will be responsible for the following areas of work:
Procedures, Processes & Practices
- Support and collaborate in the development and continuous improvement of the 3 DRiVE Pillars ([i] Supplier Self-Assessment Questionnaire, [ii] Supplier Inspections and Validation, [iii] Supplier Improvement). This involves helping to draft procedures, processes or templates, ensuring that UNOPS adopts best practices aligned with business requirements.
- Support the creation of the DRiVE Standards Document (Guidance document of standard operating procedures, processes and programme standard).
Data Management & Reporting
- Contribute to the continued development, enhancement and implementation of DRiVE data management and reporting systems (data entry, extraction, reporting, analysis).
- Track, monitor and analyse compliance DRiVE indicators from eSourcing - UNOPS eProcurement system.
- Track, monitor and analyse risk indicators from the DRiVE database.
- Support the implementation of DRIVE Corrective & Preventive Action plans for suppliers (e.g. compiling, distributing and monitoring).
- Assist the Supply Chain Risk Officer in the coordination of supplier announced and unannounced site inspections.
- Assist the Supply Chain Risk Officer and participate if necessary in supplier announced and unannounced site inspections. Assist the Supply Chain Risk Officer in post supplier site inspections activities, such as follow up communications, reporting, feedback and Corrective and Preventive Actions (CAPA).
Communications and Support: Support users in country based offices to understand and effectively incorporate DRiVE into their procurement operations and / or processes.
- Support development, management and delivery of training courses for UNOPS personnel (online, in person, remote) to enhance awareness and uptake of DRiVE globally.
- Manage the DRiVE@unops.org email inbox.
- Collaborate in the creation of user guides, case studies, webinars, internal communications campaigns (i.e. emails, posts and webinars) and other knowledge products for different stakeholders.
Knowledge building and knowledge sharing
- Organize, facilitate and/or deliver training and learning initiatives for personnel in areas of expertise.
- Provide sound contributions to knowledge networks and communities of practice by synthesizing lessons learnt and disseminating best practices in his/her area of work.
- Collect feedback, ideas, and internal knowledge about processes and best practices and put to use productively.
- Undertake research on a range of issues related to portfolio support and provide content for notes/reports including quarterly and year-end reports for monitoring, statistical and review purposes by management.Education
- Advanced Degree (Master’s degree) preferably in Procurement, Supply Chain Management, Business Administration, Audit, Economics, Risk Management, Sustainability or related field, change management, communications is required.
- University degree (bachelors/first level) in related fields with additional 2 years of relevant working experience may be considered in lieu of a Master’s degree.
- Completion of certifications related to Health & Safety, Environmental Management, Quality Management, Social Accountability or other auditing standards will be considered an asset.
- At least 2 years of progressively responsible experience in the fields of procurement, supply chain, quality assurance, compliance, ethics, sustainability, audit or CSR is required in combination with a Master’s degree.
- Experience in conducting or supporting company inspections or investigating work or certification or audits or similar (or in the context of a company being inspected or audited or certified or similar) is required.
- Experience with Environmental and Social Safeguards will be considered an asset.
- Practical experience in developing countries is an asset.
- Knowledge of general Google suite is an asset.
- Analysing data, creating charts and pivot tables, and using functions in spreadsheet tools such as Google Sheets is required.
- knowledge of databases will be considered an asset.
- using and creating data visualizations and dashboards using software such as Google Data Studio, PowerBI, Tableau for advanced data analytics will be considered an asset. DRiVE uses business intelligence dashboards to present, report and analyse data.
- Fluency in written, read and oral English is a requirement
- Knowledge of French and/or Spanish is an advantage