Procurement Technical Assistant
Norwegian Refugee Council, Syria
Closing Date for Applications:
The purpose of a Procurement Assistant is to assist in the day to day implementation of the procurement function’s responsibility.
Duties and responsibilities
- Manage all procurement processes including direct purchase, single offer, competitive processes and support procurement team in managing some closed tenders as requested by line manager as per priorities, as per NRC standards, as per requirements, and in a timely manner.
- In close liaison with finance department prepare regular cash advance clearances and check that all related documents are in line with NRC Rules and Regulations
- Update the procurement tracking sheet on a daily basis
- Support the development of framework agreements, identification of suppliers, markets surveys, price lists, vendor databases.
- Ensure the implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of current and new initiatives and procedures related to procurement
- In liasion with line manager; provide procurement support to all CO and AOs staff to ensure that program operations are maintained in an effective, up to date and accurate manner
- Liaise and coordinate with the relevant parties regarding delivery of supplies and keep them informed of any changes in a timely manner
- File and scan supporting documentation, submit to Finance department.
- Minimum 1-2 years of related experience in a humanitarian/recovery context
- Previous experience from working in complex and volatile contexts
- Documented results related to the position’s responsibilities
- Good knowledge in English and Arabic, both written and verbal
- Fluent in MS Office
- Good negotiation skills
- Proven knowledge and experience of procurement operations
- Relevant experience in the procurement sector.
- Managing resources to optimize results
- Handling insecure environments
- Communication with impact and respect
- Working with people