World Vision International(WVI), Hhohho, Swaziland
Closing Date for Applications:
- Financial Planning, Budgeting and Control
- Coordinate program and projects finance planning and reporting meetings
- Participate in periodic finance meetings and forums
- Identify skills gap amongst cluster and grants staff on financial systems in collaboration with the cluster and project managers
- Facilitate Inputting of budgets into Sunsystems and Horizon
- Provide input in grants proposal development
- Work closely with Program Officers, Technical Program Managers and Clusters Managers in the preparation of proposal and project budgets
- Review program and project budgets for accuracy and completeness and ensure that each donor covers their fair share of administration costs before they are submitted to donors
- Consolidate program cash flow statement
- Stewardship, Accountability and Financial Monitoring
- Review Purchase requisitions for Technical Program Managers’ office
- Ensure follow-ups of non-settled travel advances for program and grant staff are done and reconciled in a timely manner
- Consolidate procurement plans for technical programs in line with budget
- Check completeness of procurement documentation and procedures prior to payment
- Review and evaluate effectiveness of work methods, procedures and personnel in the cluster finance office.
- Advise Technical Program Managers, Cluster Managers and Project Managers on financial matters
- Consolidate monthly funding forecast for program and grants project and ensure their timely submission to the national office
- Review petty cash statements and conduct surprise cash count for cluster offices
- Conduct field monitoring visits
Program Financial Monitoring
- Maintain an up to date funding matrix and financial expenditures showing all funding received and expenditure incurred to date for grants operations and keep a monthly update of the matrix to ensure timely reconciliation of MyPBAS
- Enter PBAS requests and ensure Support Offices make commitment on MyPBAS on a timely basis and alerting Project Managers on potential financial deficits in good time.
- Ensure production of timely and accurate monthly, quarterly, semi-annual and annually programs and grants projects financial reports as per donor regulations to assist Project Managers in evaluating projects’ financial performance.
- Ensure proper and up to date filing system is in place for all grant related information and documentation in particular signed copies of grant agreements, extensions/amendments, Memorandum Of Understanding, approved budgets, financial reports submitted to donors and key correspondences with Support Offices on all funding received for the grants.
- Facilitate program and grant projects finance audit preparation, review management response and monitor implementation of audit recommendations.
- Participate in the recruitment, supervision and periodic performance reviews for cluster accountants and grants accountants including providing opportunities for orientation, training and development for effective program and grants financial monitoring
- Monitor budget utilization and ensure timely funding of grant projects and provide technical support to concerned stakeholders accordingly
- Prepare Technical Program cost allocation sheets for utilities and payroll costs based on LDRs on monthly basis
- Coach staff on financial policies and procedures.
- Indentify finance capacity needs for program staff and ensure the capacity is built.
- Train field finance and non-finance program and project managers on financial policies, procedures and internal controls systems
- Build capacity of Community Based Organizations on financial management
- Implement all program related initiatives and systems such as (Horizon, GEMS etc)
Recording and Reporting:
- Review and analyze the authenticity, accuracy and completeness of accounting data before finalization of monthly FFR.
- Generate Technical Program Financial reports and share with Technical Program Managers and relevant stakeholders
- Review program financial reports, provide feedback and financial advice to program and project managers
- Ensure Program and Project financial reports and review notes are printed, signed and filed
- Coordinate and review variance explanations for all programs and projects
- Present and interpret financial statements to stakeholders (project management and staff community members) and participate in cluster financial review meetings.
- Undertake year end responsibilities
- Provider oversight and technical supervisory role to grants and cluster accountants
Financial Risk and Data Security Management:
- Ensure back-ups are kept for financial data and reports regularly.
- Facilitate implementation of audit findings.
- Coordinate Internal and External Audits for program and grants projects
- Carry out sub grantee financial assessments-as and when required
- Enhance adherence to financial policies and internal controls and general financial management practice at cluster level.
- Ensure that petty cash, direct funding received and bank balances are kept accurate, secure and intact, and are reconciled regularly.
- Thorough review of accounting transactions and documents before processing
- Monitor adherence to internal controls, grant guidelines, audit procedures, WVI FFM
- Attend devotions, staff chapel and day of prayer.
- Perform other related duties assigned to enhance World Vision Swaziland ministry
Minimum Qualification Required:
- Bachelors Degree in Accounting/Finance.
- Minimum five years accounting experience with a minimum of two years in financial management supervisory role.
- MBA, ACCA, CPA related fields.
- Working knowledge of sponsorship operations, finance services and practices is an added advantage.
- Excellent computer skills in Excel & Sun-systems software/Vision Excel and Vision Executive.
- Grants management certification.
- Demonstrated ability in supervision.
- Experience in managing donor funds.
- Good planning and organizational skills.
- Ability to maintain effective working relationships with all levels of staff and public.
- Commitment to World Vision Core Values and Mission Statement.
- Ability to exhibit exemplary lifestyle as interpreted in specific local cultural context.