About the Organization:
The Freedom Fund is a leader in the global movement to end modern slavery. They identify and invest in the most effective frontline efforts to eradicate modern slavery in the countries and sectors where it is most prevalent. Partnering with visionary investors, governments, anti-slavery organisations and those at risk of exploitation, they tackle the systems that allow slavery to persist and thrive. Working together, they protect vulnerable populations, liberate and reintegrate those enslaved and prosecute those responsible.
Position: Program Advisor
About the position
The Program Advisor will have a range of responsibilities, including managing grants to local partners, conducting site visits, supporting a community of practice among grant recipients, monitoring results, coordinating policy engagement and sharing of partners’ experiences with government, and convening meetings and events for partners, government officials, and other stakeholders.
The consultant will be an independent contractor to the Freedom Fund and not an employee of the organisation. The consultant is not eligible for any employee-related benefits, plans or programs of the Freedom Fund, and the consultant is expected to provide their own workspace to successfully carry out the deliverables listed below.
Working with other consultants, the Program Advisor will manage and implement the Freedom Fund program in Northern India - which will include, but is not limited to, the following:
- Provide guidance and support to Freedom Fund partners in achieving goals and objectives.
- Provide advice to the Freedom Fund for the Northern India hotspot program, working closely with community-based organisations, local officials, and other key stakeholders.
- Conduct regular office and program site visits of grant recipients.
- Facilitate reviews of grant recipients’ operations, processes, and policies, such as financial reviews and organisational capacity assessments.
- Contribute to the development and coordination of capacity building plans for grant recipients.
- Provide assistance to grant recipients to ensure the completion of impact reports and narrative reports.
- Provide financial oversight of grant recipient budgets and ensure strong financial management and reporting of grant recipients.
- Support the coordination of program-level research and evaluation projects among grant recipients.
- Assist in the development and facilitation of a learning community of implementing organisations, and their outreach to government.
- Identify, vet, manage relationships, and coordinate work across the hotspot with new and existing technical assistance providers.
- Coordinate various meetings for a diverse range of stakeholders, including grant recipients, government stakeholders, and other service providers.
- Coordinate logistics and lead program site visits with Freedom Fund representatives and other donors.
- Contribute to the strategic planning for next stages of program development, as needed.
- Communicate progress, challenges, and lessons learned related to program deliverables with members of the the Freedom Fund team on a regular basis.
- Collaborate with other members of the Freedom Fund in other countries and headquarters, as needed.
- Carry out other relevant assignments on behalf of the Freedom Fund, as directed
Qualifications and experience
- The Freedom Fund seeks a dedicated, self-motivated Program Advisor, capable of working with limited supervision and of quickly establishing effective relationships with a wide range of stakeholders. The successful candidate will have experience in successful program implementation.
- 10 years of experience in project management/coordination and community development in India.
- Grantmaking experience on behalf of international organisations to local civil society organisations.
- Experience in monitoring and evaluation of grants and programs, including data collection, data management, and financial monitoring.
- Experience in conducting financial reviews and organisational capacity assessments.
- Experience liaising with and hosting donors essential.
- Knowledge and experience working on anti-human trafficking / forced and child labour initiatives; experience in other key areas such as agricultural bonded labour, economic empowerment, gender-based violence, mental health and reproductive health an asset.
- Experience in engaging with government stakeholders.
- Experience working with vulnerable populations in a highly sensitive environment.