Program Advisor, Information Systems Strengthening, Global Health Security Initiative (GHSI), Mekong Program
PATH, Hanoi, Vietnam
Closing Date for Applications:
Specific responsibilities include:
- Provide technical advice and support to Project Director in collaborating with health officials of related departments of MOH, national and regional institutions for project design, implementation, and monitoring and evaluation.
- Serve as focal point person for the Information Systems Strengthening Component of the Project, including leading planning, development, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of Information Systems Strengthening related project activities in collaboration with PATH Headquarter, the CDC Hanoi office, and the project partners.
- Provide technical assistance to the project partners in Vietnam in implementation of Information Systems Strengthening including:
- Data warehouse
- Data visualization platform at Emergency Operation Center and Regional Institute communications centers
- Electronic reporting through Anti-Microbial Resistance sentinel surveillance system to national Medical Services Administration; interoperability with data warehouse and visualization at Emergency Operation Center
- Electronic reporting through all Serious Acute Respiratory Infection sentinel site to national level; interoperability with data warehouse and visualization at Emergency Operation Center
- Inter-operability between external laboratory information management system reporting and the data warehouse with visualization at EOC and other relevant units
- Standardize analysis and reports for national and province level on key indicators, maps and alerts
- Identify issues/challenges and develop strategies for effective implementation of related work plan activities.
- Support Project Director in representing PATH on national technical working groups, as appropriate, and maintain contacts with other organizations engaged in GHS activities.
- Close coordination with PATH’s Global team working on GHS and other countries participated in this GHSI to ensure synergies and experience sharing within PATH and across Project’s countries.
- Taking lead in the monitoring and evaluation of the Information Systems Strengthening Component to ensure that evidence is gathered and milestones are met.
- Contribute to the preparation of related parts of required reports to PATH Headquarters and donor.
- Develop and implement the project M&E plan, development of indicators and data collection schedule.
- Develop or adapt data collection tools to track and follow-up on project indicators and results.
- Collect, manage and analyze monitoring data.
- Supervise data quality assurance activities.
- Contribute to evaluation design and management including formative evaluation.
- Collaborate with HQ M&E team to ensure PATH standards for M&E are used.
- Strong problem-solving, critical thinking, and analytical skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Able to participate in and contribute to a highly collaborative work environment consisting of both technical and subject matter experts.
- Strong communication skills, both written and spoken Vietnamese and English at a leadership team level.
- Demonstrated report writing and presentation skills.
- Proven interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a team.
- Strong conceptual and analytic skills.
- Proven ability to manage data collection and management of datasets.
- Understanding of basic concepts in analyzing and interpreting qualitative and quantitative data.
- Willingness and ability to travel within Vietnam up to 30 percent per year.
- Good understanding of the Vietnamese eHealth or eGovernance landscape preferred.
- Working knowledge of enterprise architecture, data exchange standards and systems interoperability approaches preferred.
- Advanced degree in medicine, public health, information technologies, information systems or related field.
- At least 5-10 years of relevant experience in related field.
- Demonstrated experience designing, implementing and/or supporting health information systems.
- Proven experience with monitoring & evaluation design, systems set up, indicator creation and reporting.
- Experience working effectively with government counterparts particularly at national and regional levels.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating diverse stakeholders to successfully design and deliver an information systems project.
- Demonstrated experience with creation of functional requirements, prototyping solutions, driving gap analysis sessions, prioritizing scope to build short and long term roadmaps for complex health information systems at scale a plus.
- At least 2-3 years of demonstrated experience in systems analysis, enterprise architecture, and/or requirements development for national information systems a plus.
- Work experience in communicable diseases, particularly, vaccine preventable diseases would be an asset.
- Experience leading Monitoring & Evaluation aspects of programs, collecting monitoring data, analyzing and reporting data.