Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Duties and Accountabilities:
• Research and reporting on relevant EU developments;
• Research and mapping of companies, tracking of relevant market and industry information;
• Provide analytical and research support on Belgium, Cyprus, Greece, Portugal and Luxembourg;
• Drafting of internal briefing notes and strategic notes, often against tight deadlines;
• Arranging and coordinating meeting programs;
• Representing IFC in meetings and preparing reports;
• Making logistical arrangements, as needed;
• Performing ad hoc assignments.
• Postgraduate degree in economics/business; law; politics/international relations or a related field;
• At least 2-4 years of experience working in or closely with the EU either in the private sector, consulting, or in government;
• Finance or private sector investment background a plus;
• English essential, other languages a plus;
• Ability to work in a fast-paced environment, and manage several competing priorities in parallel while maintaining attention to detail;
• Advanced communication skills, excellent English drafting skills;
• Excellent interpersonal skills, with the ability to establish and develop relationships.