Closing Date for Applications:
The main tasks and responsibilities to be carried out by the incumbent of the post are:
Support to program development, planning and execution
- Compiles data and information on subject matters relevant to the work of the section to facilitate preparation of reports, working papers and presentations
- Prepares and maintains records pertaining to program planning and development for the respective section
- Carries out transactions in VISION ensuring program results, activities and program coding are as per annual work plans
- Arranges meeting, workshops and training courses pertaining to program development and provides support in making the necessary logistical arrangements
- Following up both internally with the Supply Section and externally with counterparts to ensure supplies for program implementation are developed in a timely and accurate matter
Support to monitoring and reporting of program results
- Provides support on budget revision/preparation, implementation status, determination position of funding utilization, operational and financial closure
- Monitors budgets and financial expenditures of section, ensuring compliance with UNICEF rules and regulations, keeping supervisor informed and advised and actions for decision follow up
- Prepares and maintains records, documents and control plans for the monitoring of project/program implementation
Support in resource mobilization
- Compiles and organizes information and data pertaining to donors (both current and potential)
- Compiles and organizes data and information to assist in the preparation of periodic or ad hoc financial reports relating to country office and donors to support the office in optimizing use of program funds
- Carrie out transaction in VISION pertaining to grants for his/her section such as registering grant allotments and tracking expiring program grants
- Supports the process of contracts for consultants and external partners pertaining to the section
Support in knowledge management and capacity building
- Gathers and shares information as needed in support of improving the processes and daily operations of the section.
- Supports capacity development activities related to performance monitoring, program development ad related internal UNICEF systems/tools by drafting necessary correspondence, compiling data reports and maintaining relevant records
To qualify as an advocate for every child you will have…
- Completion of secondary education preferably supplemented by technical or university courses. A university degree in Social Sciences, Administration or other related fields would be an asset.
- At least five (5) years of progressively responsible administrative support work experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to perform tasks timely with high accuracy.
- Ability to express clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written and oral form.
- Ability to interpret and apply guidelines.
- Ability to work in an international and multicultural environment.
- Advanced knowledge in the Microsoft Suite of Products (including MS Word, MS Excel & MS PowerPoint) is required. Knowledge of VISION/SAP is an asset.
- Fluent in English and Albanian (verbal and written)
- Position may require travel within and outside the country In order to be considered, your application should include