International Finance Corporation, Bogota, Colombia
2 years of relevant work experience
Closing Date for Applications:
- IFC—a member of the World Bank Group—is the largest global development institution focused on the private sector in emerging markets. We work in more than 100 countries, using our capital, expertise, and influence to create markets and opportunities in developing countries. In fiscal year 2020, we invested $22 billion in private companies and financial institutions in developing countries, leveraging the power of the private sector to end extreme poverty and boost shared prosperity.
- In addition to its investment work, IFC operates a major program of private sector advisory services projects in Latin America and the Caribbean. The objectives of the program are to promote direct investment in the private sector, build local businesses and financial intermediaries, and help improve the business enabling environment, and hence contribute to poverty reduction in LAC.
- IFC in Latin America is now seeking to recruit a Program Assistant to be based in Bogota, Colombia.
Duties and Accountabilities:
As part of the Administrative and Client Support (ACS) team the candidate will:
- Provide a wide range of office support to the IFC Colombia and Andean regional team and management to make a significant contribution to the achievement of the unit work program
- Provide specialized support for database management, task management, major event planning and logistics, travel arrangements, editorial assistance, etc
- Coordinate team schedules taking priorities into account, monitoring changes, and communicating the information to appropriate staff, including officials or clients outside the World Bank Group
- Independently undertake diverse and complex work assignments, interpreting existing procedures and processes and application to assist with the implementation of the unit work program
- Handle incoming and outgoing written & verbal communications with clients and Government partners
- Exercise quality enhancement for projects and documents ensuring adherence to departmental, VPU and institutional guidelines
- Draft, edit and translate routine correspondence applying effective proofreading and grammar skills in English with high quality and writing standards
- Coordinate procurement and purchasing of office supplies, goods and services
- Maintain accurate and efficient filing (paper and electronic)
- Back-up of administrative team colleagues when necessary
- Bachelor’s degree with 2 years of experience
- Previous work experience in a broad range of secretarial, administrative, logistics, finance duties
- Experience in an international organization, private sector and/or knowledge of the World Bank Group procedures and tools would be a plus
- Demonstrated initiative and resourcefulness; exercise good judgment in handling confidential and sensitive information
- Excellent communications skills, both oral and written, in English and Spanish
- Proficient computer skills, particularly Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Power Point) and Internet applications; ability to pass relevant WBG tests as required
- Effective time management and organizational skills
- Ability to produce high-quality work under pressure
- Committed team player with demonstrated inter-personal skills and ability to work effectively in a multicultural environment
- Strong client service orientation with an openness to feed-back and new ideas
- Ability to adjust to changing business needs by continuous learning/training.