Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Seattle WA, United States
Closing Date for Applications:
As a Program Assistant (PA), you will provide wide and varied administrative and organizational support for Deputy Directors and Senior Program Officers. As a highly engaged member of the business team, you are efficient, pay close attention to detail, are flexible, excel in time management, and can handle multiple projects and tasks while using good judgment, ensuring smooth operation of the team. You have an appetite for proactivity amid ambiguity and are driven to deliver high-quality results.
As a successful candidate you will be able to demonstrate a strong ability to navigate the role, responsibilities, and culture.
- Schedule a high volume of appointments and meetings, manage complex calendars for multiple people, and make multifaceted international travel arrangements.
- Assist in scheduling and planning for events, such as meetings, conferences, and presentations, which may include coordinating arrangements for participants, handling logistics, and disseminating materials.
- Coordinate arrangements and logistics for frequent international travel.
- Provide communications support and assistance to ensure timely responses to inquiries including answering and prioritizing calls, email, MS Teams chats, and mail communications. This includes the ability to synthesize information thoroughly to garner the context needed to make decisions.
- Maintain organized files and records and a system for tracking, monitoring and prioritizing tasks and projects.
- Provide administrative support including document creation, reimbursements, check requests, organization, and maintenance of files.
- Work on special projects as needed. May include conducting basic research and analysis of data to respond to requests.
- Interact and communicate clearly and consistently with grantees and partners in the field.
Core Knowledge & Skills
- Strong abilities to set priorities and meets deadlines while balancing the needs of providing support for multiple individuals: including complex calendaring, travel, and event planning.
- Excellent oral and written communications skills. Able to adapt and communicate effectively with internal and external contacts with a wide variety of working styles.
- Knowledge of foundation priorities and how they align with the goals of the team/division.
- Proficient skills with MS Office Suite (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and Outlook)
- Familiarity with SharePoint and MS Teams
Other Skills, Attributes and Abilities:
- Experience with calendaring, travel arrangements, and event/meeting planning coordination
- An adept ability at learning new software
- Good judgment, maturity, discretion, tact, and a sense of humor
- Positive, collaborative approach to work
- Customer-oriented focus
- Excellent organizational skills
- Outstanding oral and written communication skills
- Ability to solve problems in ambiguous situations
- Ability to consistently demonstrate proactiveness
- Ability to establish trust quickly both internally and externally
- An appetite for being a leader who is motivated by doing this role well
- Demonstrated confidence and grace needed to address a rapid pace and multiple priorities
Education & Experience
- Associate degree with 3+ years of experience, or equivalent experience