Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Duties and Accountabilities:
• Provide a full range of administrative support including managing agendas, scheduling meetings, managing logistical arrangements for travel, and ensuring effective processing of all documents and correspondence, including appropriate clearances and distributions
• Prepare, organize, and disseminate briefing materials, binders or other documentation
• Word processing including editing, proofreading, and formatting a variety of documents accurately and independently in a timely manner while ensuring compliance with AMC guidelines and high-quality output
• Handle internal expense and travel transactions
• Assist in the work program of the unit as needed
• Proactively handle telephone inquiries and resolve non-routine problems
• Answer/redirect inquiries using initiative and good judgment
• Keep up to date on new software to enhance quality of work product and faster turnaround of documents
• Identify diverse issues as they arise, which often requires interpreting existing procedures and processes and independently determine appropriate application/solution
• Play an active role in developing practical approaches to enhance the work organization and effectiveness in the unit
• Work closely with and back up other administrative staff across AMC as needed
• Excellent organizational and administrative skills with minimum of 5 years of relevant professional experience, preferably in an international company or organization
• Strong written and oral communication skills, proficiency in English is essential
• Ability to organize, edit, and draft a variety of documents with good proofreading skills and attention to detail to ensure high quality work
• Strong interpersonal skills, excellent team player with ability to interact tactfully and effectively with clients and staff in a multi-cultural environment
• Ability to work independently and thrive in a fast paced environment including the ability to prioritize and balance competing demands under pressure, while keeping attention to detail
• Very competent in office technology systems - Word, Excel, Lotus Notes, PowerPoint
• Desire to actively contribute to the unit’s objectives. High level of commitment and reliability
• Willingness to be flexible in terms of hours
• High degree of judgment, discretion, and diplomacy in handling confidential and sensitive matters
• Good knowledge of IFC/World Bank group policies and procedures preferred.
• Note: If the selected candidate is a World Bank Group (WBG) staff member, he /she would be able to be seconded to AMC under the WBG External Service Program.
• AMC would also consider hiring an internal candidate on a development assignment contract.
• For External Applications: External Applicants (non-World Bank Staff) MUST NOT submit application through Job World.
• Please send your cover letter and resume via e-mail to AMCRecruit@ifc.org