Thinking of a Career in Emergency Management?
- BY Nicole Pelette
Duties and Accountabilities:
50 percent of the Senior Program Assistant’s time will be to support the Energy Practice Manager, and the position reports to the Practice Manager located in Singapore:
• Provide full administrative, high quality support to the Practice Manager and ensure the smooth operations of the office, setting and managing priorities and the workflow of the PM.
• Effectively handle the PM’s calendar and ensure relevant documents are available for meetings. This includes, but is not limited to, scheduling appointments, independently resolving scheduling conflicts, screening and prioritizing incoming correspondence and monitoring activities to ensure appropriate workflow, monitoring and following up on issues and priorities of concern to the PM and ensures that relevant staff members are informed using initiative and good judgment.
• Monitor and control quality of correspondence and documents directed to the PM, for signature, comments, decision, or action. Ensure appropriate review, checks completeness of background information and conformity to accepted institutional standards both in the format and language. Also ensures adherence to administrative guidelines.
• Organize the logistics for unit meetings, retreats, official meetings, and other events; assessing and obtaining appropriate facilities, services and equipment etc.
• Effectively provide general research support and utilize all relevant computer software to retrieve, maintain and manipulate data as needed.
• Coordinate and monitor multiple and diverse work processes and activities to ensure that management decisions are properly carried out and products are delivered in a timely manner.
The other 50 percent will be to provide operational support to project teams:
• Take the lead supporting activity missions in ToR submissions, visa processing, scheduling and confirming meetings, coordinate with relevant staff and provide assistance and/or information on project-related matters.
• Coordinate schedules taking priorities into account, monitor changes, and communicate information to appropriate staff, inside and outside the immediate work unit, including officials outside the Bank Group.
• Incorporate agreed comments into documents, making full use of shared drives and software capabilities.
• Draft routine correspondence and proofread materials using proper grammar, punctuations, and style ensuring final review of all operational related correspondence.
• Event Management - Assist in preparation and logistical planning for various events, e.g. conferences, workshops, Forum etc.
• Maintain an up-to-date work unit project and other files, and current distribution lists, phone/address lists of projects/products contacts, and distribute to team.
• Solve non-routine problems (e.g. responding to requests requiring files search, etc.)
• Support, work collaboratively and liaise frequently with team members both at headquarters and in the field, as well as external counterparts.
• Responsible for processing incoming/outgoing correspondence and pouch.
• Undertake ad-hoc duties as assigned by PM
• Minimum Education/Experience: High school diploma with a minimum of 5 years of administrative assistant experience, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
• Bachelor degree preferred.
• Experience in working with a World Bank Manager a plus
• Excellent reputation and proven track record of high quality work; demonstrated ability to multitask and operate under pressure
• Knowledge of World Bank policies and procedures;
• Excellent communication (written and spoken), interpersonal, organizational, administrative, and time management skills
• High degree of judgment, discretion, and diplomacy in handling confidential and sensitive matters
• High level of motivation, commitment, and reliability
• Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a team-oriented, fast-paced, and multicultural environment
• Proficiency in office technology systems - Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint